24-70 VR Nikor?

Name
Dougie
Edit My Images
Yes
What are the chances of Nikor introducing this this year? I'd hold off a purchase if I thought they might but I would like to purchase a 24-70 soon. :thinking:

Maybe 2016 at an educated guess? Who knows though, it's a good lens without the VR.

Surely fast lenses are used to keep the shutter speed up for moving targets. In which case you don't need VR. If the subject is still, use a tripod. Even at 70mm you should be able to hand-hold at 1/60. Teles are a different story.

Or maybe get a Sony which stabilises everything :)

Surely fast lenses are used to keep the shutter speed up for moving targets. In which case you don't need VR. If the subject is still, use a tripod. Even at 70mm you should be able to hand-hold at 1/60. Teles are a different story.

Or maybe get a Sony which stabilises everything :)

Tamron produced a 24-70 with VR. Not just useful for still shooting, but VR is also very useful for video. And in dimmer lighting without a tripod you'd appreciate the ability to hand hold 70mm at 1/30th of a second with no blurring. But otherwise, yup, this range is easy to use without VR and the 24-70 is a great lens already. And still sells. I doubt Nikon are in a major rush to update

It works great without VR. I can't see Nikon introducing a VR version anytime soon.

Thanks all. I wouldn't be so keen to snap up a 24-70 if I didn't know how good it was. I ask about VR because all my other lenses have it and I appreciate what it does for me. My hands aren't as steady as they once were and I don't think with age they'll get any better. I will proceed with the purchase of a non VR but I wanted to check here first. I had heard , some months ago, of a possible upgrade for this lens. No worries if that's not the case but I would have kicked myself if I'd have had to buy twice after a few months. :bonk:

It works really well for video, especially as you're shooting at such low shutter speeds. It helps keep panning smooth, cuts down any obvious jitters and wobbles if you're shooting hand-held.

Here, let Lok expwain in this wideo: :D [love Lok really, much prefer him to Kai as he's much more friendly, not obnoxious like Kai]

http://youtu.be/8gHxZh7kjic?t=42s

I don't actually have any VR lenses at present, not does my fuji have IS of any kind. But when I had the RX100 I found the video much easier to keep smooth when panning ar walking. lenses with vertical VR [thinkit'll be VR #2 on the switch] should be even better.

Last edited:
Back