2nd Attempt at Toy Car (James Bond Style Aston Martin DB5)

Name
Kitinan
Edit My Images
No
My 2nd attempt from the mini now on to James Bond Aston Martin DB5. The photo was inspired by some scenes that in most James Bond film ; Sunset, beach, fast and domination. Again Amatuer in Progress any other way I could try setting on the camera should I use to get it better ,so fire away! :D

Last Import-19 by Kitinan, on FlickrE

Last Import-17 by Kitinan, on Flickr

Last Import-18 by Kitinan, on Flickr

Last Import-16 by Kitinan, on Flickr

Last Import-15 by Kitinan, on Flickr

Last Import-14 by Kitinan, on Flickr

Not a fan of the car being cut out of the picture on the majority of them, too harsh a crop I think! 4 is a good shot though.

I'm sorry but these are not really working for me I have to agree with lord cutting the car out is not really a good idea :shrug: and also you really need to work on your focus also your DoF is a little too shallow on these :(

Matt
MWHCVT

Can you tell me How can I get sharp focus while in low light ? Because it seem like I have a very limited focus reach while in low light. I've read some tutorial before that if you set a high shutter speed will sharpen the images but at low light it just darken the images.

Can you tell me How can I get sharp focus while in low light ? Because it seem like I have a very limited focus reach while in low light. I've read some tutorial before that if you set a high shutter speed will sharpen the images but at low light it just darken the images.

First all what lens are you using? the fact that nearly all of your photo's here are OOF making me think that you may be just too close, you lens has a minimum focus distance (y) also if low light what kind of shutter speeds are you getting, it maybe that you need to get on a tripod (y)

Matt

Your first major problem is that your shutter speed is way too low if you are shooting hand held. The photographs aren't out of focus per-se, they're suffering from motion blur from your camera movement.

The DoF may be shallow, but it suits the style of the photographs- you'll just have to make sure that the point of focus is accurate.

Your cropping needs to be more accurate.

1 is shoddy and needs the full car in shot.

2,3,4,& 5 are all decent, but 4 could do with some space to give the bumper room.

6 is too tight on the front of the car, as is 7. 8 is almost exactly as you should have shot all three.

You either need a tripod, or shoot with more light in RAW and then drop the exposure by 2 or three stops.

I really like the concept though. With a bit of technical work these should be rather good.

MWHCVT said:
First all what lens are you using? the fact that nearly all of your photo's here are OOF making me think that you may be just too close, you lens has a minimum focus distance (y) also if low light what kind of shutter speeds are you getting, it maybe that you need to get on a tripod (y)

Matt

I Was using 55-200mm tamron lens I was 2 metre away zooming onto the scene I make. I think at the time I keep experimenting with different shutter speed really the lowest was 1/6 and highest was 1/250, iso 1600 &800.
apeture is at the max as it could be which is 4

DemiLion said:
Your first major problem is that your shutter speed is way too low if you are shooting hand held. The photographs aren't out of focus per-se, they're suffering from motion blur from your camera movement.

The DoF may be shallow, but it suits the style of the photographs- you'll just have to make sure that the point of focus is accurate.

Your cropping needs to be more accurate.

1 is shoddy and needs the full car in shot.

2,3,4,& 5 are all decent, but 4 could do with some space to give the bumper room.

6 is too tight on the front of the car, as is 7. 8 is almost exactly as you should have shot all three.

You either need a tripod, or shoot with more light in RAW and then drop the exposure by 2 or three stops.

I really like the concept though. With a bit of technical work these should be rather good.

I'm glad that you liked my concept, I never really try RAW format because I don't really know the use for it :D If that would improve the images I willing to try what you have told me and hopefully I will get the better outcome thank you

Back