3 from a trip to Weston Super Mare

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Took my first trip out this year on Sunday evening and headed for Weston Super Mare.
A good sunset forecast coupled with a high tide 30 mins later had me hoping for a covering at the Knightstone Causeway. Alas the high tide wasn't high enough, but still happy with these 3.

Almost - The sunset never did quite materialise, with clouds over Exmoor blocking the magic moment.

The Walkway - Taking a different angle on the walkway with an extreme foreground. I have a feeling this one will divide opinion.
The Walkway by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Knightstone Causeway - Conditions were lovely, with some great dusk colours hanging around for ages. 12 minute exposure to capture as much water on the causeway as possible.
Knightstone Causeway by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'll say straight off the composition of two jars.

3 is so much better as there is a compositional lead in to the flats. I suspect you could have exposed a little longer, it lacks the brightness of 2 which I like.

First docent do much for me Jake but the second two look pretty good. The last being the more interesting of the two, actually looks a really interesting spot.
Thank you :)

I'll say straight off the composition of two jars.

3 is so much better as there is a compositional lead in to the flats. I suspect you could have exposed a little longer, it lacks the brightness of 2 which I like.
Thanks Steve, it was nigh on dark when I finished the 12 minute exposure, much more would have removed that natural feel of twilight I feel.

Jake..have photographed the causeway many times from different viewpoints myself, I know the area well, my eldest daughter lives in W-S-M, #3 is the best imo

Robin

I like them....#2 is my favourite, just ahead of #3. However, I think I am going to struggle to forgive you for calling my home county, Somerset, 'South Wales'!!! :mad: The sun is setting over the Brendon Hills and Exmoor......definitely NOT South Wales!! ;):)

I like them....#2 is my favourite, just ahead of #3. However, I think I am going to struggle to forgive you for calling my home county, Somerset, 'South Wales'!!! :mad: The sun is setting over the Brendon Hills and Exmoor......definitely NOT South Wales!! ;):)
Thanks Mike.
Lol my bad, I'm used to shooting in Clevedon in the summer, with Wales clearly in view.

Jake..have photographed the causeway many times from different viewpoints myself, I know the area well, my eldest daughter lives in W-S-M, #3 is the best imo

Robin
Yip put there is something about #2 that grabs me?

All the best

Back