3 Horses

Edit My Images
No
DSC_4123.jpg

DSC_3168.jpg

DSC_4133.jpg

V.

#1 for me. Nice shape of horse, shot from the front from an interesting angle and capturing the spirit of competition. I like #3 but not as much. Well done.

Thanks Russell,I agree #1 shows a lot of concentration with horse and rider

V.

AGGGRRRHHH, Once a riding instructor always a riding instructor, girl in number 1 needs to look up, and boy in two needs to sort his flipping legs out!!!

The third shot I really like, you've caught a nice moment with that horse, the lighting really suits the B/W conversion too, well done. Shame about the groom though ;)

Ps, I know the riders are not your fault!!!!

Thanks for your comments folks.As for their riding faults Turbo',if I see them again I'll pass on your observations in no uncertain terms. If it was me jumping at that height it would'nt be my legs that needed sorting out but my pants.(only joking)

V.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments folks.As for their riding faults Turbo',if I see them again I'll pass on your observations in no uncertain terms. If it was me jumping at that height it would'nt be my legs that needed sorting out but my pants.(only joking)

V.

:LOL::LOL:

#3 for me, the horse has such a graceful look and the dappled light really suits the mono.(y)
Shame about the groom ... wonder how difficult it would be to clone her out! :puke:

I do like #1 but find the colours a bit lurid, especially the blues, so everything thats going on in the bg is fighting for my attention... maybe a wider aperture?
jmo of course. :)

Thanks for your comments folks,on re examination I agree with all thats been said.Not being a horse officienado there are composition points I miss(which is no excuse for a bad shot )The colour in #1 is the result of limited and basic software that came with the camera,it works on the 'all or nothing' principle(the shot needed a little lifting).The framing of the last shot was the result of taking fast shots with little time for perfection,otherwise the moment was lost.Just wish the camera had LCD viewfiner.

V

Last edited:
#1 is very good except for the background, but nothing you can do about that

#2 that angle doesn't work for me. I prefer front on or just to the side.

#3 The best of the thre, but would have preferred the empty space to haqve been on the left.

Nice set got to be #3 for me the light is just perfect nice and soft it's just a shame about that strand of wire at the back well shot.(y)

Back