3 Lancs at East Kirkby

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Brilliant day at East Kirkby yesterday, the weather played ball and the sight of 3 running Lancs was just awesome. Plenty of other stuff to see and do during the lead-up and overall an excellent day (with the exception of getting out of the car park which got a little...fraught at times).

1. 1/20 hand held at 500mm
3 Lancs 07.09.14 by JDE_Photography, on Flickr

Well they are 70 years old now!! Gutting when they break though.

Great photos! I have spent some good times at East Kirby, and used to live just a couple of miles away from Coningsby, so I am used to the sight and sound of these glorious machines. I must say that your photos capture the spirit of Lancaster very well - congratulations.

Lovely to see some shots from this event (y) #2 is a cracker with the two banking in the distance.
Clive.

Been shooting every day the Lancs were flying... Did not even know about the 3 together..... gutted never not got to a single event...... some times I hate being a full time Tog.....

Just to hear the sound of those engines would make worth while.........

Great shots..

Just re looked at BBMF webs site and it says nowt about 2 Lancs flying at East Kirkby and the date said next Saturday.... So they are not up dating info....

Is that the last event of the 2 flying now?

Last edited:
Lovely set there wish I could have gone to it but could not get the time off.

Been shooting every day the Lancs were flying... Did not even know about the 3 together..... gutted never not got to a single event...... some times I hate being a full time Tog.....

Just to hear the sound of those engines would make worth while.........

Great shots..

Just re looked at BBMF webs site and it says nowt about 2 Lancs flying at East Kirkby and the date said next Saturday.... So they are not up dating info....

Is that the last event of the 2 flying now?

The last event for the two together is this weekend at Southport airshow
http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

They are both flying at Duxford this Sunday. You can pay on the gate as well.

Great images. Had the privilege of seeing 2 fly, at the Portrush airshow, but took no photos worth showing.

Back