35mm Developing

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm looking to have a play with a few old 35mm cameras I have lying around.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of where I could send them to be developed. I'm only really looking for processing, I don't really need prints, so I'm guessing the only way would be to send them on a CD?

There's an Asda near me which does them but it would be a lot easier to post them off, any help appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Tons of labs do processing of neg and pos film - not cheap these days. Just google it. They'll also give you the option of scans on a cd (at a price) but the scan quality may not be brilliant (just ok for undemanding snaps but not for anything serious) - ideally it's best to have your own scanner but that's another can of worms.

Depends on the quality you're seeking and how experienced you are ....

Have you thought about buying a developing tank and some chemicals and do it yourself,it's only B&W. After about 5 films you will probably have your money back.

Tons of labs do processing of neg and pos film - not cheap these days. Just google it. They'll also give you the option of scans on a cd (at a price) but the scan quality may not be brilliant (just ok for undemanding snaps but not for anything serious) - ideally it's best to have your own scanner but that's another can of worms.

Depends on the quality you're seeking and how experienced you are ....

Thanks Rog, apologies about the delay replying. Yeah google suggests quite a few sites which could help me. I was just kind of wondering if anyone had any first hand experience of any sites. It's always best to get a recommendation!!

Yes for years.Black and white is easy.

The only difficult part is loading the film onto the spool in the dark or you can use a light proof bag.

Light proof bag put tank with lid into the bag,take the film cut the edge square lace it onto the spool by about 3 inches,put it in the light proof bag with the tank and lid in it and a pair of scissors.Load the film onto the spool and cut it off when the end is reached,put spool in the tank, put lid on and take out of the bag.Mix chemicals and process as per instructions on chemicals.

If you don't have a light proof bag you can do it under the bed sheets on a night time.

Hi all,

I'm looking to have a play with a few old 35mm cameras I have lying around.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of where I could send them to be developed. I'm only really looking for processing, I don't really need prints, so I'm guessing the only way would be to send them on a CD?

There's an Asda near me which does them but it would be a lot easier to post them off, any help appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

There's a a sticky in the F&C section that'll help you - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/film-developing-in-the-uk.341566/

Back