3rd party camera repair?

Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I'm gutted. I broke my 400D while out living in Cyprus and after speaking to Jessops, he said it would cost £25 just for a quote and then I'd be looking at £120 for the the repair. That's direct from Canon. This isn't particular to the repair I need, but that was just a figure he threw at me... still, damn!

It's a very simple repair. The spring came out of the mirror box which separates the auto focus mirror with the mirror behind it and keeps them in place. I could probably do the repair myself if it wasn't so damned fiddly.

So, in light of this, does anyone know any trusted 3rd party repairers that could do the job for cheaper? It's a pretty cheap thing to ask, but times call for it. I'm about half an hour away from Birmingham if there's anywhere near here that would be great.

Thanks for any help.

Quite a few places (phone them to double check) offer a free estimate for a repair. Not exactly close, but you could post to Norfolk Camera Centre, they are very good - phone Mark first and he maybe able to give you an approx price over the phone. (y)

There is also the Colchester Camera Repair who do free estimates, they are Canon authorised so I don't know what the price will be like. Give them a call first and you can then post the camera to them. I had my camera repaired by them about 3 weeks ago; it was done in about 8 days. Good service overall.

http://www.camera-repair.co.uk/

I've had very good service from 'Lehmann's Direct' in the past.
Regards, Alan.

Back