4/3rds, Telephoto Lens? for Wild-Life and Birds (the feathered kind)

Name
Moss
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I'm considering getting a new lens for my recent purchase of an Olympus OM-D - E-M10. I bought a Panasonic 45-150 f4, lens - but would like something to get a closer picture. Could anyone recommend something suitable ? not too expensive; but still capable of producing some nice photos.

help appreciated
Thanks
M

Hi All,
I'm considering getting a new lens for my recent purchase of an Olympus OM-D - E-M10. I bought a Panasonic 45-150 f4, lens - but would like something to get a closer picture. Could anyone recommend something suitable ? not too expensive; but still capable of producing some nice photos.

help appreciated
Thanks
M

How about this- http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/lenses/90-250_28/ Equivalent to a 180-500mm on a 35mm camera.

Les ;)

I have a friend who uses the Panasonic 100-300mm f4.0-5.6 Lumix G Vario Lens to very good effect. Not going to be great for birds in flight by any stretch, but she manages very well with garden / woodland birds, squirrels etc

There are three (at least) m4/3rds zooms which reach 300mm ... none of them are crappy.
And then there's the 4/3rds with adapter,
and then there's manual-focus lenses with adapters.
The E-M10 has good stabilisation, everything's a decent choice.

What about the Olympus 75-300 any thoughts? Any bargains to be had.

Wait for the 300/4 is the golden answer..... Until then, the 50-200 zuiko SWD four thirds is probably the best optically short of the unobtaniums... The 100-300 at 400-500 equivalent is easily as good as the APSC third party offerings, though, and remarkably small for what it is.

Back