tiger4.jpg

tiger3.jpg

tiger1.jpg

leopard1.jpg

20D and 100-400L Handheld.

Fantastic, there ggggrrrrreeeeaaatttt!

**runs off to book safari park visit**

:eek:
Lovely, all of them. They all look relatively natural, which is ace!

The bokeh is 'orrible on them though :/

The first one's lost a bit of contrast since you showed it me Ian. They're fantastic though mate.:clap:

The 100-400L can produce strange bokeh effects. If you look at the first one at the top left those oof highlights are tending towards donuts ala a mirror lens, but many none-mirror zoom and tele lenses can do that at certain distances/apertures.

I like to use the 100-400L wide open for the best oof backgrunds, but of course it depends how close the background is to the subject, and of course subject distance.

Hmmm. It's just that in #1 & #3 I'm finding it really distracting - which is never a good thing!

Lovely set.....I think the first one is just about my fav.

thats the place outside smarden isnt it?

Wonderful set of natural looking pictures.

IanC_UK said:
Taken at the Wildlife Heritage Foundation, is a private collection not open to the public.

Thanks for the comments ! :)

So how did you get in? Contacts?

Please can we stop doing the grrrrreat thing ! it keeps bringing that really annoying Frosties advert into my head "there gonna taste great" etc ! lol ;)

Thanks guys :)

We were fortunate enough to be allowed through the first set of fencing and get the lens right up against the netting, the leopards were a real problem, as they can get their paws through the net, so they had to have a keeper on the roof of the cage feeding them, to keep them away from us ! Ill find the pic out i got of how agile they are, it isnt great as the fence is on view, but its very graphic !

It cost £99 i think for the day, and they had people on hand to advise and help and also had some L glass for people to try !

Well, I'm into 2 myself. Nice and sharp and fills the frame well.

I can see what hoodi means about the bokeh, but I don't think it's bad. The nikon 70-300 devil makes terrible bokeh, no matter what you do. Hence I've given it away (well, back to the person I bought it off anyway)

Vibrant colours and great markings. Not sure how he would have got the bloody nose though?

Vibrant colours and great markings. Not sure how he would have got the bloody nose though?

Well THEY don't eat Frosties, that's for sure!

Back