400D Issue

Edit My Images
Yes
I just tried putting the memory card back into the camera and the cover wouldn't close properly. I tried again and the cover closed, but the camera screen reads: "there is a problem with the CF card". I've tried another card wth the same result.

It sounds like there might be something wrong with the internal card reader, but I can't see anything obvious physically wrong with it.

Problems always seem to come up at the wrong time! I'm about to head to Egypt on Friday for a 2 week trip and was looking forward to getting some good use out of my 400D.

If anyone has experienced something similar, or has any suggestions, I would love to hear from you.

Shine a light in and double check the pins. The fact that it didn't go in properly doesn't sound good.

Sounds like bent pins in the internal card reader to me :( Not cheap to fix from what I've heard

I reckon you've pushed a pin or two out of their housing.. and although not broken as such it will be a pain to put right :(

These answers are not good!

If one of the pins have moved/bent, what is the best solution to fix it???

These answers are not good!

If one of the pins have moved/bent, what is the best solution to fix it???

Use a nail file or something very small but sturdy to gently push it back into place. If it is really bent over it's probably going to break anyway but if you give it too much it might break it when it could be saved. The pins are really close together though and be careful not to damage any others around your damaged one(s).

Good luck!

15 minutes leaning over with a safety pin and a head torch looks to have done the trick! Two pins were bent, but they straightened out quite well.

Thanks for the advice - I wont be taking the card out in a hurry!

Back