40d error

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
We have just bought a second hand 40D which is performing well apart from one frustrating feature. We have the centre box only selected but every time the camera focuses, two other focus boxes illuminate as well. They are the bottom right box and the one above it. No matter what box I choose, the lower two to the right always illuminate.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Ian

You haven't got the dial set to A-DEP have you?

Push the joystick type button next to the screen and change the AF focal points with that screen.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried both but no change. What ever focus box I select, by joystick or by controller, the two boxes to the bottom right are also selected.

I think they are stuck on.

have you tried a full reset? or changed the focus to all points then switch back to centre only?

I've tried to select all points and then go back to centre-only but it didn't cure it.

How do you do a hard reset?

Thanks

You can reset to factory defaults in the Menu - see page 44 of the instruction book.

Also try removing the 3v battery hidden in the main battery compartment and leave it out for ten minuites - that resets everything.

Back