4am in Newcastle

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hubby woke me up at 4am saying that I had to go and take some photos. After much protesting, I went outside, proceeded to get my wheelchair stuck in the snow and at some point throughout all the drama ended up with this shot, which I kinda like. Kinda breaks the rule of 3rds as the middle square is somewhat blank and I like the colours of the sky n stuff.

streetwm.jpg

This one was a different angle and playing with the zoom during the exposure. My hands are dodgy so when I stopped, that's where I got a more solid line in the lights, which I dunno, I think I like it... went a little OTT on colour changing, dropping the saturation alot.

wonkywm.jpg

No 1 works for me, make a good addition to your next years Christmas card collection.

Dave.

so after just less than 3 hours sleep you do this well done i the first the most..but the the second keeps me going back to it..

I'd say it was worth getting up for (but you don't have to tell hubby that ;) ). Your first is beautiful. I dislike the cables but to offset that the contrast on the telegraph pole is incredible and I dig the starburst off the streetlights.

Know what you mean about dropping the saturation- I was out in Portsmouth a couple of hours earlier and have to process and post my shots; hope they're as successful as yours.

Nice exposure on the first one. You've made a thirds composition without realising it :) That telephone pole on a vertical third dominates the scene and the end of the road is about a horizontal third.

I'll pass on the second one!

I really like that first one! And you should be grateful, I wanted to get some night shots in, when I woke my girlfriend up at 4am and suggested it I got a smack in the face and was told in no uncertain terms that I WOULD be going back to sleep :D

Back