55-200 VR Nikobn lens

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Am after a little advice if you can help me??
I have just bought a lens as stated above, whenever I focus in using auto and the camera beeps stating focus set, the lens seems to click and the scene drops slightly in the view finder.

is this something that happens in longer lenses as it does not do it with the bog standarda 18-55?:thinking::thinking:
typo above, should obviously read Nikon not Nikobn

Hi all,
Am after a little advice if you can help me??
I have just bought a lens as stated above, whenever I focus in using auto and the camera beeps stating focus set, the lens seems to click and the scene drops slightly in the view finder.

is this something that happens in longer lenses as it does not do it with the bog standarda 18-55?:thinking::thinking:
typo above, should obviously read Nikon not Nikobn

Sounds like your VR is on and this is quite normal.

Switch the VR off (on the side of the lens) and you will see/hear the difference.

Never heard of the scene dropping in the viewfinder, the image should just stabilise after a short time showing that the VR is doing its stuff.
Sounds like you could have a fault developing in the VR bits
Allan

Never heard of the scene dropping in the viewfinder, the image should just stabilise after a short time showing that the VR is doing its stuff.
Sounds like you could have a fault developing in the VR bits
Allan

I've just checked this on my wifes D90 and said lens - the scene does 'drop' or stabilise- whatever you wish to call it.

It does drop when the shutter button is released and VR turns off about a second later. If it's doing it with the shutter still half pressed then there is a problem.

I've just checked this on my wifes D90 and said lens - the scene does 'drop' or stabilise- whatever you wish to call it.

Not sure drop and stabilise are the same thing!

HERES a link to Nikons VR site. Select the VR Mechanism tab at the top, then look at the bottom right for the 3 movies. NIKONVRSAMPLE2 and 3 will show you through the viewfinder as VR operates and the image stabilises. Its a smooth transition between shaky and stabilised, I wouldnt say the image or scene drops at all.

If your lens operates like this, its fine. If not...............:thumbsdown:

Allan

Back