60019 Bittern. Poole Park. Another photo added.

Edit My Images
Yes
First time I have seen this Steam Train. C&C welcome

4837355705_336b2d2237_b.jpg

Last edited:
Last time I saw that engine, it was in storage in Walton Pit Yard, along with Blue Peter iirc. Must have been back in 1975... small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts.... :LOL:

It's looking a lot better than it did back then, thats for sure!

Thats a nicely composed shot, I like the background and sky. Colours look good and sharpness is there, pretty good since I'm sure it was moving reasonably quick.

If there is just one thing that draws my eye slightly it's the foreground wire fence, obviously nothing you could do about that, but it's a shame it wasn't all wood as it would blend into the scene better.

Thats a nicely composed shot, I like the background and sky. Colours look good and sharpness is there, pretty good since I'm sure it was moving reasonably quick.

If there is just one thing that draws my eye slightly it's the foreground wire fence, obviously nothing you could do about that, but it's a shame it wasn't all wood as it would blend into the scene better.

Yes it would be nice to have a wooden fence. TBH in the Poole/Bournemouth/Christchurch region there are not any really good places to photograph these trains. When the train is on the way down the sun is in the wrong place, & on the way back the same. In reverse it would be quite good, so the best place I have come across is Poole park. If anyone knows a better place in this area I would like to know?

nice shots ..... just need to wait a few more seconds when you can get the whole of the loco and part of the 1st coach in

Back