6d / Yongnuo

Depends on what you're doing with it? And budget!

I find the whole Yongnou range confusing despite now owning 4 flashes, 3 trigger and 2 tx's. I'm not at home so I can't check the flash numbers but what you may be interested to know is that the YN560 TX does NOT work with the 6D. The 622tx and 622 triggers do work fine though so if in future you are planning on OCF get a 622 compatible flash

I find the whole Yongnou range confusing despite now owning 4 flashes, 3 trigger and 2 tx's. I'm not at home so I can't check the flash numbers but what you may be interested to know is that the YN560 TX does NOT work with the 6D. The 622tx and 622 triggers do work fine though so if in future you are planning on OCF get a 622 compatible flash

I have used a canon 6D with a Yongnuo 560 TX to fire a 560IV flash gun and it worked fine.

What was the problem you had?

Basically use it mainly for OCF and small amount of on board. I recently moved to Canon from Nikon, and the stuff Ive read online seems a little confusing on what works/doesnt work. I had the RF 603's for my Nikon so happy to get Canon versions for those.

Unless i am out of touch yongnuo systems work as follows-

YN560 TX's are manual controllers so are designed to change zoom and flash power on the YN560 mk3 & mk4 guns (manual guns)

YN622's are designed for ETTL guns e.g. YN565 or YN568

A firmware update to the 622's and the release of 622 mk2's allow 560 TX's and 622's to interact with each other.

Basically use it mainly for OCF and small amount of on board. I recently moved to Canon from Nikon, and the stuff Ive read online seems a little confusing on what works/doesnt work. I had the RF 603's for my Nikon so happy to get Canon versions for those.
I have three RF603's and they work perfectly on the 6d.

***edit - apologies, I use the 622c's on the Canons!***

Last edited:
Unless i am out of touch yongnuo systems work as follows-

YN560 TX's are manual controllers so are designed to change zoom and flash power on the YN560 mk3 & mk4 guns (manual guns)

YN622's are designed for ETTL guns e.g. YN565 or YN568

A firmware update to the 622's and the release of 622 mk2's allow 560 TX's and 622's to interact with each other.
This^
and the YN685 which is the 568 with a 622 receiver built in
plus the YN600EX RT which works with the Canon 600 ex-rt or the YN-E3 or Canon ST-E3 triggers.

Personally I wouldn't bother with dumb triggers any more, or even the manual only 560's unless you need a load of cheap flashguns.

I have used a canon 6D with a Yongnuo 560 TX to fire a 560IV flash gun and it worked fine.

What was the problem you had?
Simply would not fire and I have tried two different 560tx. I was surprised as you would think that the centre pin would always work

Last edited:
Back