7D....

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
Long story short...

I want to get back into photography after about a 5 year gap. I used to own a 7D for about 3 years, amassed a bunch of great L series glass etc... Sold it all gradually years ago as I fell out of love with it due to various other things (motorbikes are expensive)

I've been looking at getting a new body and one lens for now. I've decided on the 24-105 F4L, and I'm looking for a body.

I adored the 7D. Never had a single issue with it, I've gone back and looked at my old photos, just beautiful and zero complaints. I don't want to spend too much on a new body just yet in case I dont click with it.

Is it worth picking up a used 7D, they're going at great prices, or getting a more low end current gen canon body?

Any feedback welcome in a bit of a dialemma.

Thanks

Go for it, photography isn't all about the latest equipment, I think it's more of what you do with the equipment that matters most. I have a 7d and it is still a great camera.

Do it. 7d is still a great camera..... especially when you look back and have zero complaints!

Go for it. Buying good used gear, you can always sell for what you paid (y)

7D is still a very capable camera as long as you're not taking photos of black cats at night - to be honest, the only crop sensor Canon I'd buy instead would be a 7D Mk2, and even then I'd want to keep my Mk1 as a backup.

Back