7DayShop Batteries

Name
Vishal
Edit My Images
Yes
Good Evening All,

I've been using 7DS batteries for a while now....use mainly AA's - 2900 and the good to go ones....

I use them for my flash guns (2900's) and the others for the kiddie's toys.....

I've had a fair lot of failures over the last year or two.....

I would say maybe 20 batteries plus.... :( Initially, i thought they may have been a bad batch, but i've had this with the older ones (silver) and the newer (white) ones.....

They don't really have heavy usage, and are always stored properly, and discharged properly from time to time....I use the 7DS V8 charger.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same with their batteries?

Thanks in advance

Vishal

Ive never used the 2900's but i have a big batch of 2500's andc i have had no failures to date and they get used in flashes, torches, xbox controllers etc

They knackered my flashgun. I was shooting away and heard them pop.

I used them for years, they don't last for ever, and can often be recycled using a charger that does refresh.

Not had any issues. I have both 2900s and 2500s 7DS cells and a Youshiko smart charger which I rate highly. As Phil mentions a 'refresh' facility, this charger does refresh and a lot more with protection on individual cells. Not the cheapent but it won't cook the batteries. The latest version also has a USB out port. Cheap chargers are a false economy. Cheaper than 'toasted' speedlights.

I've been using them for at least a couple of years with no issues
As already said a decent charger is important

I've also been using them but I always do a discharge-recharge cycle every time I've used them.

Always been fine for me.

I wish I could say the same. My charger is good quality refreshes and discharges prior to charging and my batch of 7DS 2900s has been abysmal.
Dont hold a charge for any length of time compared to other named brands and dont last long in my flashguns. Had a few duds after a few uses as well.
Bought them a few years ago and may just have been unlucky.

Used them for years with no problems (2900). Have never had to swap a set out in my flash (hundreds of shots) so they seem to last well though not sure how long they hold charge (as it's rare my flash is any longer than a week between uses).

Used them for years with no problems (2900). Have never had to swap a set out in my flash (hundreds of shots) so they seem to last well though not sure how long they hold charge (as it's rare my flash is any longer than a week between uses).

My flash only gets used about twice a year I have two sets of rechargeable batteries for my flash which I just let rundown and charge them as and when.

Looks like i'll have to invest in a decent charger.....

i bought a batch of Eneloops from 7Dshop and also a 7Ds Smart Charger (AA and AAA)

which runs a variety of 'cycles'
including 'Refresh' - this cycle correctly identified several older batteries which just would not cycle up to 100% anymore

never had a prob with the eneloops

Err your talking re-chargeable here ,they really are not made for the rapid re.cycle use of flashguns ,they are rated at 1.2v and rapidly drop to that in use ,hi.powered normal batteries are rated at 1.5 volts but if you can find really fresh stock in shops they show 1.8v a lot of the time and last longer before before needing to be disposed of ..horses for courses

Err your talking re-chargeable here ,they really are not made for the rapid re.cycle use of flashguns ,they are rated at 1.2v and rapidly drop to that in use ,hi.powered normal batteries are rated at 1.5 volts but if you can find really fresh stock in shops they show 1.8v a lot of the time and last longer before before needing to be disposed of ..horses for courses

you can buy rechargeable 1.6v nickel zinc batteries capable of high current discharge

i have some and on paper they they sound ideal for flash gun use but there are some drawbacks with them
when there new they perform very well but don't drop any of them onto a hard floor it will kill them which i found out on a couple of occasions :(
i have 4 sets of them bought over a year ago ( probably closer to 2 years ) out of the 4 sets ( 16 cells ) i have 3 working sets left ( 12 cells ) the 4 duffers have degraded to a point of no return.
the 3 sets i have left are still usable but do not offer the same performance they did when new and now give less flash cycles than ordinary ni mh hybrid batteries bought around the same time but they do still give faster recharge times than the ni mh batteries which is one of the reasons i was attracted to them originally

all in all they have worked out cheaper than buying non rechargeable lithium batteries but they do have a questionable life expectancy

the batteries i am talking about
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nickel-zinc-aa-rechargeable-batteries-4-pack-n37ka

Last edited:
Back