7dayshop sd cards

Edit My Images
No
Was wondering if anyone has used then recently? They have a 128gb one at the moment for a good price (£29) but I like to try and buy known brands as a rule, anyone tried this latest range of 'pro' cards from them? Thanks

I had some a few years ago and there still going though they are a bit flimsy, Just check the read/write speed. 128GB with a slow read/write speed will take forever to copy. I wouldn't recommend anything too big though, your best of using smaller cards and having more of them as it adds a level of redundancy if one of the cards fail (which does happen)

Plus if you have smaller cards you tend to think more about what your taking rather than spamming, Personal choice though

Bought 3 32gb pro ones a few years ago - 2 have died since 1 still going ok. On that basis I now avoid their own brand. Swapped out for branded ones with no fuss.

thanks for the various opinions, gives me a idea of their cards, was looking to purchase more as a memory expansion on a laptop, but if needed could use it for shooting as well, maybe il have a look at some others, i guess the old saying you get what you pay for still rings true. thanks all for replies. i do normally purchase 16gb cards, so might look at branded 32gb and 64gb instead.

I have ten; 8x16Gb, 2x32Gb, Class 10, three years old. All still working fine.

I've used their own brand cards for other purposes (Raspberry Pi) with no issues. I tend to stick to branded cards for photos and have several smaller capacity ones rather than one big one. Minimises the potential loss if the card stops working.

Had a couple of 16g cards from 7day both of which failed, the case is very thin and the little protection slider fell out of them rendering them useless.

i would buy a branded one to be honest - Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar are usually pretty good.

If you want ultimate reliability then Samdisk's reputation is second to none. If you want good value and solid reliability then Transcend are worth looking at.

Having had bad experience with 7dayshop AA rechargeable batteries in the past I personally would not touch any of their "home brand" Chinese import items.

i have a few of their cards and they have been fine. i suspect the own brand ones are the same as my memory own brand ones

im wanting fast cards now as the costs keep falling they really arent that much more, and are much nicer to use :)

I have a bunch of 7day shop rechargeble batteries that I have been using for quite a while and they have been fine.
Ahh. but do you have a battery analyser which can measure their actual capacities? My Maha C9000 showed 7dayshop 2800mAh rechargeables to be horrendously overrated and extremely inconsistent. Some of the cells retained less than 1500mAh immediately after a full charge, whilst the best ones only reached 2100mAh.

I have no experience with 7dayshop SD cards, but once bitten...

If you want ultimate reliability then Samdisk's reputation is second to none
I had 3 Sandisk 8GB SDHC Cards fail on me four years ago. I will never use Sandisk again. I changed brands and have never had an issue since.

Back