9th Rallylegend, San Marino

Name
Lawrence CLIFT
Edit My Images
Yes
This event is a mecca for rallying enthusiats who hanker after the good old days of rallying. Up until 2009, the Grp B cars were actually competing, then the fun police (the Fia) put a stop to it only allowing them to do "demonstration" runs. The rally is able to attract top names such as Biasion, Kankkunen, Gronhol, Salonen, Toivonrn (Henri's brother). If there was one rally per year that I was able to attend, this would be it. The spectators are so enthusistic, plus the spectacular scenery taht san Marino and Italy has to offer is spectacular. Anyway, the photos:-

1553_3537870.jpg

1553_3537950.jpg

Timo Salonen's rally coming to a premature and fiery end at the end of the first stage

1553_3537962.jpg

1553_3538047.jpg

1553_3537889.jpg

1553_3538129.jpg

Just convinces me, yet again, that the Lancia Stratos is the best-looking car ever built!

Nice shots

Nick Froome

Great shots, particularly like the first one, and the stratos isn't bad either.
I wish it wasn't such a long drive to San Marino for me, or I would have gone to this. Perhaps next year.
Great shots, and really good to see these cars in action, it's good that we still have events which showcase these beasts.

First and last for me, looks like you had a great time

.DAVID.

Great shots, particularly like the first one, and the stratos isn't bad either.
I wish it wasn't such a long drive to San Marino for me, or I would have gone to this. Perhaps next year.
Great shots, and really good to see these cars in action, it's good that we still have events which showcase these beasts.

A long drive??? I drove down from Lancashire in 2008 & 2009 in my integrale, although with the fuel pricing as it is, we flew out last year and this year :(. If you do get the cahnce to go, then do it, I can't emphasize enough as to how good the event is.

I do miss seeing those Lancia Delta HF's flying through the Welsh Countryside :(

Nice shots. Last one i like alot :)

Just a curious question, which lens where these taken with?

And did you use Servo ?

Cheers :)

Cheers for the reply,

I've just got back into rally photography and was interested to see what you used :)

I use Servo on my 20D ,, but only have a 55-250 IS to get me started at the moment ;)

Oh and single point AF ?

Back