A bit of self awareness goes a long way...

Thanks for that. Really makes you realise how ***** us humans really are sometimes.

That's part of the reason I shared it. As well as being superbly filmed you realise sometimes how insignificant some of the photos we take are when there are messages like this that can be conveyed with them.

Makes me thing twice now about complaining about doing the recycling.

How little we realise our everyday urban living has such an effect so far away.

That's part of the reason I shared it. As well as being superbly filmed you realise sometimes how insignificant some of the photos we take are when there are messages like this that can be conveyed with them.

Makes me thing twice now about complaining about doing the recycling.

Very true.

Thanks but very sad and at times difficult to watch but the story needs to be told however sad or graphical.

The birds are swallowing the rubbish thinking it to be food since it's found in the ocean, their natural habitat for their food, which we have ruined!

I remember seeing this documented on TV a couple of years ago. Something to do with all the rubbish in the oceans being carried by the prevailing ocean currents and accumulating massively in certain areas. It's happening on a horrendous scale and unfortunately the wildlife, including seabirds, are suffering badly because of it.

An excellent but very unpleasant piece. Thanks for posting it Ferj.

Dave

Back