A bride's experience (commercial photography)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
I was asked by a local wedding boutique and salon to take some photos for their website, so I advised we did a 'bride experience' style shoot showing each of their services.

One of the girls who works there modelled and I have to say did a fantastic job!!!

Here's one of the pics and the rest are in a link underneath :)

8531378789_11e25e0322_z.jpg

Rest of pics:
http://www.andyhudsonphotography.co.uk/portfolio-item/sos-professionals/

I think you did a wonderful job with those!
My only critique is that I think there should have been a little more joy evident in the pictures. People want to know they'll be happy and not go through a "machine."

Overall, excellent set!

I was asked by a local wedding boutique and salon to take some photos for their website, so I advised we did a 'bride experience' style shoot showing each of their services.

One of the girls who works there modelled and I have to say did a fantastic job!!!

Here's one of the pics and the rest are in a link underneath :)

Rest of pics:
http://www.andyhudsonphotography.co.uk/portfolio-item/sos-professionals/

Nice set, although a couple of the finished bride images could have been in colour. Looks like the set goes all black and white all of a sudden to cover something up...

I think you did a wonderful job with those!
My only critique is that I think there should have been a little more joy evident in the pictures. People want to know they'll be happy and not go through a "machine."

Overall, excellent set!

Yeah I kept telling her to smile and that she needed to show people she was having a great time but after a split second awkward grin she went back to looking moody lol.

Nice set, although a couple of the finished bride images could have been in colour. Looks like the set goes all black and white all of a sudden to cover something up...

Good point actually... I like the B&W as they look more classy I think but I can see what you're saying.

I have colour versions too so i'll switch a couple for those :)

Wow, they all look amazing.
Did you say they approach you for a shoot or did you offered??

Wow, they all look amazing.
Did you say they approach you for a shoot or did you offered??

They approached me as they were looking for a photographer they could recommend to brides, but also needed someone to do a 2 hour shoot for their website etc.

They don't want to take a percentage of any referrals they get for me, and I was paid for the shoot... so quite a successful little gig to get :D

Yeah I kept telling her to smile and that she needed to show people she was having a great time but after a split second awkward grin she went back to looking moody lol.

Where a professional model comes in handy, it's not just about looking pretty afterall who'd have thought it.

Good set and you've definitely delivered the brief, I assume the customer is happy so all is good.

Where a professional model comes in handy, it's not just about looking pretty afterall who'd have thought it.

Good set and you've definitely delivered the brief, I assume the customer is happy so all is good.

Yeah they just used the staff member due to her being pretty but like you said it's not just about that.

I'm not sure tbh as I sent them the files via we transfer on Sunday, they downloaded them yesterday and I've not heard anything from them :shrug:

I'm working on the no news is good news theory but as I'm doing some PR toggery for their grand opening tomorrow I'm sure they'll let me know one way or another then :)

If these are to show off the bridal shops wares I'm surprised so many (any) are in black and white.

I like the photographs themselves, perhaps a little more evident joy wouldn't go amiss, but not bad at all. However, for me the colour images are just a wee bit over saturated and all the black areas, especially in the nails/hair dressing ones looks a bit...well.. contrasty with too much shadow area against the bright white of her bathrobe. Now I admit, I do prefer a 'lighter' looking overall image, especially when showing off something like this, so the models tan and the dark decor are not persuading as much as they would others, so I am commenting on a personal level. I also agree that given the brief, sticking to colour might be an idea, or show the same images twice, in both colour & B&W if you want them then the client can decided which they prefer.

I like the photographs themselves, perhaps a little more evident joy wouldn't go amiss, but not bad at all. However, for me the colour images are just a wee bit over saturated and all the black areas, especially in the nails/hair dressing ones looks a bit...well.. contrasty with too much shadow area against the bright white of her bathrobe. Now I admit, I do prefer a 'lighter' looking overall image, especially when showing off something like this, so the models tan and the dark decor are not persuading as much as they would others, so I am commenting on a personal level. I also agree that given the brief, sticking to colour might be an idea, or show the same images twice, in both colour & B&W if you want them then the client can decided which they prefer.

Hi, yeah I think some of that probably comes from shooting after the shop closed so there was very little light to play with other than some low lighting from ceiling spot lights and my 2 flashes... Maybe I didn't quite get the balance right?

The client has both b&w and colour versions of the bridalware images so I've covered both bases as want sure which they'd prefer. I think the b&w are more classy but thought they might want colour to tie in with the rest of the images so played safe and have both :)

Back