A couple from Caister

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Had an early morning appointment with my quack so thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and take a few images on the beach at Caister before hand. I did have every intention of photographing the old Pill box, but as usual the swell was too large making it very difficult to take the shot I had in mind - oh well - so plan 'B' came into effect which is this, pre sunrise and just after.

Lee 0.6 HE + Formatt Hitech 3 Stop ND for all 3 (added another image!)

Onslaught by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Ziggy Zag by Neil Almond, on Flickr
Ziggy Zag Daybreak by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
they are gorgeous! i particularly like the first one with the breaking wave captured as it is. good work!

Nicely done Neil, especially number 1 for me - I like those cool tones, gives it more of a wintry look

They're both good, but I prefer the right hand side of pic1 and the left hand side of pic2, if you see what I mean.

Both very good Neil but just preferring the second one for the sunlight on the structure

Both nice but the warmth of #2 for me!

Two very nice seascapes Neil, lovely light, great comp', and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Looking forward to my week off Neil so I try my hand at what you've nailed to a tee. Excellent as always.

all lovely, but that first one is really special.
receding wave and the breaker, smashing colours too.

Hi Neil
Nice work mate that's a great set.... Take it you added the 3rd... That's really nice light hitting the groin there reckon you got your tootsies wet on that one;) The water streaming back past the pebbles on LH side looks great too. Like the movement in #1 really gives the impression of fast moving waves. All 3 are very good but for me I'm going to pick No3 for my personal choice, because of the lovely light, but each has there own individual appeal TBH(y)

I looked in this thread as I used to live not far from, and often cycle around, Caister :)

As "my" Caister is on a hilltop in Lincs and about 11 miles from the sea you can imagine my surprise as your first image opened up !!! :D

So where is this Caister ???
Funnily enough, I did the exact same thing! Though then I remembered that Lincolnshire's Caistor is spelled differently! :)

What an excellent location, and lovely pics. Is there any way you can get higher up, as the zigzagginess is getting lost towards the end. If not, perhaps a stepladder in the method of Charlie Waite?

Hi Neil
Nice work mate that's a great set.... Take it you added the 3rd... That's really nice light hitting the groin there reckon you got your tootsies wet on that one;) The water streaming back past the pebbles on LH side looks great too. Like the movement in #1 really gives the impression of fast moving waves. All 3 are very good but for me I'm going to pick No3 for my personal choice, because of the lovely light, but each has there own individual appeal TBH(y)

Yeah, I added the third, took about 25 shots in total.
Cheers for your comments Steve.

What an excellent location, and lovely pics. Is there any way you can get higher up, as the zigzagginess is getting lost towards the end. If not, perhaps a stepladder in the method of Charlie Waite?

These were taken quite low, have taken a higher position before but the composition is difficult to balance. Not taken the Charlie Waite method as of yet, but you never know :)

I love the strong composition of these shots with the leading lines however, in my opinion the water has been blurred slightly too much. Just my opinion though.

Back