A couple from today

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
I got my B+W 10 stop the other day so I just had to give it a bash.

Any tips for waterfall composition etc. This waterfall was stunning with the ice flowing down either side and a thin stream of water flowing quickly down the middle. However I don't feel as though I done it much justice, it really was a cracking waterfall. It'll still be there for a few days due to its position and the weather forecast so I would like another stab at it, so tips and suggestions are most welcome. One thing I struggled with was the lighting, it was facing north and had no natural light hitting it, any ways around this or a solution?

WaterFall10Stop.jpg

A burn flowing into the Glendevon reservoir.

Burn10stop.jpg

35km all in, and only 8 of that on actual track, walking in marsh and moor type terrain is tough going. Time for a cuppa!

Waterfalls are really difficult to make interesting. Try getting a flow through the picture. Comes in top left and you can follow it to exit bottom right sort of thing. helps if you can include some of where it came from or is flowing to if it looks good. try and avoid straight up and down compositions (like these :) ) if you can - unless you have some good symmetry either side to balance it.

looks really unusual with the Ice in the first one. I like it.

I like the first one. Good textures.

Back