A couple from tonight.

H

Hoodi

Spent most of the day shooting, today.
Was shooting mostly film, and had intended to shoot pretty much all film - but that was cut short when I realised I had less film than I thought. My housemates had cunningly removed the film cans from some of the boxes and replaced them with eggs. Something to do with me knicking the egg shelf in the fridge for my film!
So anyway, that forced me to continue with digital. Here's a coupla shots - not sure how they'll look out of context (both part of a seeereeeez) - but here they are anyway.

rubbishcopyvx4.jpg

airwalkcopyrr8.jpg

ah yes, the egg-shelf's dual job...have a rack of velvia m'self...not so good scrambled on toast but then egg in the camera makes a freakin' mess too. swings and round-a-bouts.

good quality pics, think I prefer the first one

Like the first - sets the typical street scene at night - vast collections of rubbish bags on pavements.

I like 'em but prefer the first. :)

Like 'em both Hoodi, prefer the second. Will you be posting more of the series? Love to see them!

Very nice those - I prefer the 'blue' toned effect more than the sepia for street stuff - looks a bit more 'urban' if you will...

ah yes, the egg-shelf's dual job...have a rack of velvia m'self...not so good scrambled on toast but then egg in the camera makes a freakin' mess too. swings and round-a-bouts.

It aint half hard to digest, but mum says it's good for me!

chewyuk said:
I like the first, but not 100% sure about the angle
Fair do's! Doing kooky stuff and then trying to explain it in a coherent manner earns you extra brownie points (this is all college stuff) - but I probably would have taken the shot like that anyway :D

Dark Star said:
Will you be posting more of the series? Love to see them!

Probably not, at least not for a while! The rest is all on film y'see, and I don't have access to a decent scanner :shrug:

Arkady said:
I prefer the 'blue' toned effect more than the sepia for street stuff - looks a bit more 'urban' if you will...

Agreed! I've been using blue toner on most of the prints I've been making, it's working quite well but I'm finding that it tones the borders, too - any ideas how to combat that one?

Cheers for the comments all :)

Agreed! I've been using blue toner on most of the prints I've been making, it's working quite well but I'm finding that it tones the borders, too - any ideas how to combat that one?

One way would be to put rubber masking solution onto the bits you want to leave white. A bit messy but it worked when I still did this sort of thing.
I think there's some masking solution specially designed for this, or at least, there used to be.
You rub it off afterwards, like copydex or Cow Gum into little balls when we were kids (half you lot don't know WTF I'm talking about, do you? :LOL: )

Aaahhh copydex....that's the stuff that stunk of fish isn't it? I remember :D

Hoodi, I like both shots. Prefer the shot of the first, but the treatment / tint of the second.

ha ha, i like the eggs trick. sensia on my shelf, hope it stays there.

liking the blue one, have to agree with rob that it looks more urban.

Back