Critique A couple of partridge

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
I guess not a brace cause different species,who knows.
It was wonderful to see and capture both on the same day,especially consediering we were meant o be after hares. It's a real shame that the englishman is not so common now,such beautiful subtle birds. This is the male his lass was with him,but gave me little chance of an image,.hopefully they will rear some kids close to this spot and I might see them later.I simply adore partridge I love the way they mouch round in coveys (small family group ) always talking to each other. The english man was a bit of a grab shot,a bit more time with the french

Canon 1Div 300f2.8is 2Xextiii processed in canons DPP4

English or Grey partridge male 1/1600 f 6.3 iso 2500 uncropped HH

_70F8601 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

French or Redlegged partridge 1/800 f 6.3 iso 2500 uncropped HH

_70F9010 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

thanks for all the thoughts on my previous images

stu

Lovely to see the grey partridge. They are all too rarely seen these days. Though I think a lot is being done to help them you can't wave a magic wand and make them come back. It would be lovely if yours did breed successfully.
When I see a redleg I think dinner.............
Sorry - I'll get my coat.....:exit:

Nice finds Stu, never seen a Grey Partridge :)

Lovely to see the grey partridge. They are all too rarely seen these days. Though I think a lot is being done to help them you can't wave a magic wand and make them come back. It would be lovely if yours did breed successfully.
When I see a redleg I think dinner.............
Sorry - I'll get my coat.....:exit:

If I had more time Janny i'd have popped a brace of grumpy red males for you, having a right old spat yesterday,but never giving me chance to get the real action......can't have folks going hungry:rolleyes:...sorry.:D
I love them both Janny reared some in cornwall under a banty called " raven". She'd take them up to roost and try to stretch her wings out over the whole lot,enchanting sight Jan,even when they were all adult sized she was still trying to keep them all dry bless.

There are two pairs Jan hopes are high that there might be two coveys by seasons end,they are so tiny as kids mate,like bumble bees parents will have to do well to get them through,but they have a good chance here,lots of rough scrubby bits areas of wildflower,they have a good chance.

Cheers for the thoughts and making me smile,i'm as soft as they come Janny,but game has always been part of my diet,nowt wrong with good organic sustainable grub,sustainable being a big word.

Stu

Nice finds Stu, never seen a Grey Partridge :)

I took a couple of images Roger,this one and a little leveret,whom I call Taz bounding through a wildflower meadow. Came home to look and was really struck by how both showed an glimpse of an England so rarely seen and all but lost beyond sadly. It really hit me that we all should be seeing those sights how sad it is, what is, and has been lost.

There used to be a pop of black locally mate,but the english man has had such a hard time. The trouble is unless one is close or can hear them talking one doesn't clock that they are not redleggs. I thought at first that was what I was on here,only when I got close I said wow it can't be. amazing little birds Roger,had one brought into the trust hit by car ,but was thankfully fine,just needed a rest. We popped her in a phessy pen late winter. the pen was in the middle of a ten acre site fenced for foxes smack in the middle. I had never seen a partidge on site in years. That little guy atracted a mate and we bred them. Utterly astounding Roger game birds run the base of a fence,so the mate had to fly in to a lone guy miles from the perimeter,amazing. More are around then we see buddy I feel,but that doesn't take from the loss of them.

seeya

stu

Back