A couple of recent seascapes

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, here's a selection of a few recent shots from around the Dorset coastline. All long exposures using a D90 + B&W 10 stop.

The Jetty

3873590821_e66fe46696.jpg

Into The Void

4017527184_bb530970e9.jpg

Afterglow

4037579676_decee567a4.jpg

Last edited:
What a great set of shots! Poster material :clap:

Last one for me, the symmetry and colours are superb!

I agree, these would make fantastic posters! You should get a couple of 20x30s printed off from snapfish which cost 14.99 and you could probably sell them for much more :D

Tranquility base here...!! Great shots

Stunning the are!!, afterglow is my choice, I like the hard outline of the jetty contrasting with the soft effect of the ND filter.

Stunning.

Lisa

moranphotographyese said:
are absolutely stunning!

Mind me asking what a B&W 10stop is?

Hi, it's a screw on ND filter that cuts the light by 10 stops, to help blur water and sky movement - cheers!

natjag said:
Do you do much processing on these, such as saturation/vibrancy boost

I always shoot RAW & these shots have all had some colourwork done, such as vibrancy and selective colour adjustments via Photoshop. Although the original shots all had a good amount of colour there to begin with.

Thanks again guys :)

Some great looking photos here mate and you have to love that 10stop filter! Good colours, great tones and some nice simple subjects. Fantastic stuff.

Simon

have you had these published in a mag? just look like ones I've seen - they are great pics, well done

I think they are cracking. The third one especially. Definite wall hangers. The second I would say has the least appeal (but that's being harsh).

No probs! I wanted to try and improve that shot - so I tried another approach with a B&W conversion and square crop - which I think looks better, although I'm sort of new to the scary area of B&W.

4020049726_b35484b711.jpg

Animal said:
have you had these published in a mag?

No, I haven't submitted them to any mags as yet - might do in the future.

Thanks again guys for the comments.

Back