A couple of successful kills

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
I know they are not great shots, but I thought I'd share them anyway. They are pretty big crops and as I say in all my posts, I'm wishing I had much more than the 200mm.

The Kestrel caught me a little by surprise, but I've learnt from my mistakes and already had the camera out when I spotted him. Anyway, got off a few shots.

DSC_5208 by ibert1, on Flickr

DSC_5209 by ibert1, on Flickr

DSC_5223 by ibert1, on Flickr

The Buzzards are there every time I go there (spotted 3 yesterday), but again, It's impossible to get anything decent with the 200mm. I did manage to have a chat with the farmers daughter and asked for permission to go on their land, so hopefully I will be able to get a little closer in the future.

DSC_5278 by ibert1, on Flickr

DSC_5289 by ibert1, on Flickr

Also had a fly-by by this Heron.

DSC_5304 by ibert1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

You will have to get yourself some longer glass else you are going to get increasingly frustrated. Good capture of the Heron, though perhaps the shadow area under the wings could do with a tweak.

Sounds like my kind of day.
I like No1 if only that you managed to get all that detail against the bright b/g....I always end up with a dark blob....what metering was it?

Keith (y)

...now, about this farmers daughter...............:naughty:

ringyneck said:
Sounds like my kind of day.
I like No1 if only that you managed to get all that detail against the bright b/g....I always end up with a dark blob....what metering was it?

Keith (y)

It was partial mode and I used exposure comp at +1.3 I think. Probably the wrong thing to do as I'm still learning. Should I be doing that?

I would love a longer lens, but I have my heart set on a 70-200 2.8 as I do some motosport stuff also. I just don't know what to do. :(

And the farmers daughter? She very nice indeed lol. She said the buzzards scared her to death when they swooped down near her.

I would love a longer lens, but I have my heart set on a 70-200 2.8 as I do some motosport stuff also. I just don't know what to do. :(

do that! do that! :) i got an f4 a couple of days ago, and its great, and as the f2.8 is more money it therefore must be better! :wacky: :LOL:

and you should be able to put a teleconverter on it to give you a bit more reach

Back