A day in the countryside

I like the concept and the yellow theme is bold and looks great. I think image 2 has potential to be a nice and i like the lighting in image 3. A general comment would be that the subject in most of the images appears a tad under exposed. The skin tones are a little muddy so personally I'd be raising the exposure a little and maybe looking to bring the skin tones up to a more natural looking tone.

I like #1 the most, but the WB feels a little off - with the reflections of the yellow and the WB slightly off, it's made her skin a little oompa loompaish. In the 3rd photo, her skin is quite nice so I know that isn't her actual skin colour.

A little bit under exposed for the skin as well.

But, it is still my favourite photo :) Well done mate

Great images I bet she will be pleased with them. I agree with the others that a small amount of pp work around exposure and colour would make the most of them.

A quick few minutes on pp will give you both a set of images to be pleased with. A quick check on WB, levels and contrast will make these pop.

Number one is crying out for a fill flash tbh. Careful with whatever smoothing you are doing to the skin as well as its starting to deviate from what she actually looked like in the original photos (freckles are barely visible etc).

There ya go !
Look much more lively to me now.

2nd set soooo much better!(y)

I really like that 3rd image and the subtle adjustment has improved it no end.

Thanks for the comments guys, good to know :p

Number one is crying out for a fill flash tbh. Careful with whatever smoothing you are doing to the skin as well as its starting to deviate from what she actually looked like in the original photos (freckles are barely visible etc).

It's clarity reduction using the brush tool in Lightroom. I'll keep it in mind for the future though, thanks. Also I didn't have my flashgun with me so had no way of doing fill flash unfortunately

Back