Critique A Dragon

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out yesterday to try out the new MF lens that I got nice and cheap (13euros) and its in great condition, anyway.

The 1st shot is without the Raynox, It must be me cos I can never get the eyes in focus.

View attachment 16648
Again without the Raynox but this time with the pop up flash, a bit harsh me thinks, I got no idea on the ID of this one.
View attachment 16649

If I remember this is with the Raynox and I got it all in the frame.
View attachment 16650
Thanks for looking and any C&C welcome.

Hi Graham

I have not seen one like that but it could be a Female Violet Dropwing, (Trthemis annulata)

I have only seen males, (that I recognise)

But a Dropwing is a Darter, and female Darters that I know are all that yellow colour so there are others that it may be

There is extreme variation of light and shade in there because of the harsh Med sunshine

Last edited:
great photos graham, i love what you get off natural light, that last one is a beaut :)
Thanks carl, and yes the natural light on my solar panel (head) is keeping me going...lol
Ps, seriously thinking about adding a flash to my collection as I see it will help improve my photos.

Thanks carl, and yes the natural light on my solar panel (head) is keeping me going...lol
Ps, seriously thinking about adding a flash to my collection as I see it will help improve my photos.
it will make it more convenient, doesn't need to be an expensive one either, mine are like £20 flashes from amazon/ebay. Dont need none of the high-speed sync stuff unless I want to take photos outside in the sunshine and wanting some fill flash, but a reflector will do the same, plus i can blind people with it so always have a laugh from that lol

Pop up flash has helped #2 no end... light is a little harsh from it but that is to be expected. You can flea bay a pop up flash diffuser and they work surprisingly well for cheap rubbish.

Really like the natural lighting has on #3

(y) excellent job Graham

Back