A few from a Birmingham walk after Focus this week

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a wander around Birmingham this week after visiting focus.. Took a load of images, narrowed it down to my favourite few... Shame it was cloudy.. Can't seem to find much info on the wall mural shown in number 5 - does anyone know anything about it? It's on Lower Essex Street.

IMG_2071-2_zpsb1ebc660.jpg

IMG_2062_zps36ae88c6.jpg

IMG_1938_zps6b11cfe6.jpg

IMG_1887-Edit_zps7fd1183e.jpg

IMG_1790-Edit-2_zpsdf4465cc.jpg

IMG_1831-2_zps12256cd6.jpg

Some good shots there.........:)

Thanks both. All on my 5dmk2 using the mk1 24-70mm 2.8.. I wish there had been a bit of sun and blue sky - but can't have everything :)

no.4 is ace - did you have the camera rested on a table or something? What was the shutter speed?

Only my ideas but as follows :-
1 - missed a bit of the back of the narrowboat - like cutting some-ones foot off.
Would have preferred to start the boat right at the edge of the shot.
Like the angle, could that have been a little more jauntier ?
2 - Simple, effective.
3 - What about selectively colouring the men in hi-vis. Make them jump out that photo especially with the miserable bloke walking past. He could be having a grey day.
4 - Brilliant, artistic - one for me to learn from and imitate.
5 - Love it. Very Andy Warhol - the slight or perceived desaturation works well.
6 - Interesting texture and subject - good spot.

no.4 is ace - did you have the camera rested on a table or something? What was the shutter speed?

I was sitting on the same kind of stone block as the girl is sat on in the image.. It was handheld, but resting on me while I was sitting down.. The shutter speed was 0.4 seconds at f13 at ISO100... I took a number of shots initially just to capture the movement within the shopping centre, and then she came and sat down (luckily in a nice bright red jacket) and got a few before she wandered off again.. This was my favourite from the ones I shot in this location..

Only my ideas but as follows :-
1 - missed a bit of the back of the narrowboat - like cutting some-ones foot off.
Would have preferred to start the boat right at the edge of the shot.
Like the angle, could that have been a little more jauntier ?
2 - Simple, effective.
3 - What about selectively colouring the men in hi-vis. Make them jump out that photo especially with the miserable bloke walking past. He could be having a grey day.
4 - Brilliant, artistic - one for me to learn from and imitate.
5 - Love it. Very Andy Warhol - the slight or perceived desaturation works well.
6 - Interesting texture and subject - good spot.

Thanks for taking the time to offer some feedback...

For 1.. I also have a shot with the back of the boat in place.. I was in two minds whether I liked the closer crop - here's the wider view:

IMG_2072_zps9eeb6db4.jpg

3.. I've done a bit of selective colouring over the years.. Not sure it works - what do you think?

IMG_1938-Edit_zps51fb30fc.jpg

Last edited:
A great set well done.

Back