A few from Amsterdam this weekend.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Took off to Amsterdam for the day yesterday (Saturday) and got series of shots of anything that took my fancy. Didnt get into the city but stayed around the airport at Schipol. Good grief my feet are aching today..

Comments as always welcome.

1. Beemer
BMW.jpg

2. DHL Cargo plane
DHL=4.jpg

3. Outside the terminal.
dishes.jpg

4. Jumbo 747
jumbo=3.jpg

5. These are sooooo big close up..
jumbo=4.jpg

6. Photogs from all countries.
photogs=3.jpg

7. Bird scarer.
pick-up.jpg

8. He must know me...
pilot-wave.jpg

19. Control tower..
tower=1.jpg

10. Triumph motorcycle.
triumph.jpg

some nice shots there tim hope you had a good day ..
lol at the pilot waving...
and the size of the lock on the bike.
nice set mate..

Interesting set of photos there.:)
Like the DOF on the triumph...isolates it very nicely :clap:

thats my country! :) lovely shots dude! love the one with all the photographers + the motorcycle!

Crazy airport, was there last year when i went over to see Blackeagle.

Nice shots :)

Crazy airport indeed. There's a stall inside that does some sort of, (what I would call) a bacon/hot ham butty...OMG are they delicious.

Hi, Great shots, the Pilots actually eyeing your lens up!, probably find he's a member of this forum, at least thats what I'm doing when I'm taxing around airports, particularly Manchester, & Amsterdam. Must admit, myself & many other pilots feel privileged to be able to fly these great aircraft around, we know we are living the dream of many others.
If anyone flies Jet2 out of Manchester drop me a pm to see if I'll be on it, if so then you can pop in to the flight deck & say hello (only on the ground now I'm afraid due security regs).
Regards Kevin (y)

Cool :D

I remember when I went on holiday in 87 (I was 10), and my dad arranged for me to go into the cockpit/flight deck mid flight, which was a brilliant experience. I never knew then that it would be a complete no no 20 years later, and was an experience to cherish.

Hi, Great shots, the Pilots actually eyeing your lens up!, probably find he's a member of this forum, at least thats what I'm doing when I'm taxing around airports, particularly Manchester, & Amsterdam. Must admit, myself & many other pilots feel privileged to be able to fly these great aircraft around, we know we are living the dream of many others.
If anyone flies Jet2 out of Manchester drop me a pm to see if I'll be on it, if so then you can pop in to the flight deck & say hello (only on the ground now I'm afraid due security regs).
Regards Kevin (y)

I'm always taking Jet2 flights out of Leeds Kevin. Do you ever fly out of a proper airport ? :D

Ray

I was 10 as well when I first had a visit to the flightdeck, that's the very moment that I wanted to be a pilot, real shame I can't do the same any longer, but I do the best I can, within the regs.
Kevin

Hi Ray, yes I know all about Leeds, did 12 months there when I joined Jet2, met lots of great people there, occasionally I fly into there, but Manchester based now as it's closer to home. Funny thing about Leeds, when I left there December a couple of years ago, it was foggy, windy, etc, flew into there weekago last Sat, the weather was still the same!
Kevin :)

Tim..did you really just stay at the airport? These are cool shots mind you! Love the gaaggle of photogs on the grass...why were they there?

Mind you with it only being an hour long flight, and about 30p to fly :p Its not a bad idea :D

Mind you with it only being an hour long flight, and about 30p to fly :p Its not a bad idea :D

Very close Marcel, The actual price I paid was 99p outbound and £20 return plus air tax..:bonk:

Where else could you get such an enjoyable day out for that price..:clap:

Ray, I flew Jet2.com on this trip both there and back on a Boeing 737.

You already know but some won't, Why the hell do you do about 10 miles round the Amsterdam airport taxing before take-off, Bloody hell I heard most pilots hate Amsterdam for this very reason, Was in the region of maybe 10 minutes from moving the plane from the terminal to take off.:shrug:

Marianne.

Believe it or not these people were on a similar mission to me, Just a day out from another country taking photos of the jets in this busy airport.
There are at least 3 aircraft in view at any one time coming into Schiphol airport so never a dull moment or a slow time.

For the price of what it cost how many would be interested in another day like this. Totally gorgeous day out with a low budget.
Visit another country. Enjoying what we all love best, Taking photographs and having some good banter...:)

Indeed, words out of my very mouth Tim.
Nice to go into town every now and then, but who'd have thought 20 years ago, we could just pop on a plane and within an hour pop to somewhere in Europe for a day out? All for such a low price too (y)

As for Schiphol, when we landed, we landed on one of the farthest runways, we laughed when the pilot said "We've landed, but we now taxi for about another 4 miles to the airport"...over a motorway and everything......mad

I think it was the newest runways, they literally didn't have enough room for them so close wasn't it? Or something like that.

V

For the price of what it cost how many would be interested in another day like this. Totally gorgeous day out with a low budget.
Visit another country. Enjoying what we all love best, Taking photographs and having some good banter...:)

Sounds like a working idea. Presumably I could just bring along a camera body and you'd bring a bag of lenses :D

Ray

Sounds like a working idea. Presumably I could just bring along a camera body and you'd bring a bag of lenses :D

Ray

I took the 1DMkII with the 135mm on the body and also the 16-35 wide angle and my 85mm F/1.2L along with a little storage in my camera bag.

Not heavy for 30 minutes but really heavy lugging it about all day..:puke:

To think I had the 300mm F/2.8L in the bag the night before as-well, then changed my mind at the last minute. How glad I was, I was totally knackered when I got home...:(

Back