A few from Antigua

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I am lucky enough to be in Antigua at the moment and have brought the the Sigma DP-2 Merril and the D800. I must admit I find myself using the DP-2 more, composing without a view finder is a pain and the 2 stage processing of Sigma software to convert the raw to TIFF and finish off in Lightroom is a pain, but the detail is really good, IQ is extraordinary for a small camera.

a quickr pickr post

I know what you are saying re a small camera, but there is something undeniably nice about a D800.

its a big thread to C&C. I prefer 1 to 10. it fills the frame more and the light is less harsh. 8 needs a big chunk off the bottom or another element in the bottom 3rd to tie it together. I get 9, but 1 does that scene better. 7,6,5 I am happy with. I really like 6 actually, the scene and subject strike a chord. Poverty and yet paradise. 3 and 4 are ok too

A lovely set. I'm particularly impressed with the clarity and natural looking colours........nice.

I know what you are saying re a small camera, but there is something undeniably nice about a D800.

its a big thread to C&C. I prefer 1 to 10. it fills the frame more and the light is less harsh. 8 needs a big chunk off the bottom or another element in the bottom 3rd to tie it together. I get 9, but 1 does that scene better. 7,6,5 I am happy with. I really like 6 actually, the scene and subject strike a chord. Poverty and yet paradise. 3 and 4 are ok too

Thanks for taking the time to C&C, all valid points. With 8 I was trying to get the gradient if the water which I thought would give enough interest in the bottom third, but looking at it now, it doesn't!

I took the d800 out today, I'll stick up some photos for comparison when I get around to processing them.

Here we go, the D800 shots. The benefit, of course, is the variety of lenses, but bearing in mind the cost of a D800 + trilogy comes to £5k or so and the DP-2 cost me less than £300, I think the plucky Sigma does pretty well.

a quickr pickr post

Last edited:
Back