A Few from Dublin Zoo

Dunno if its my monitor but they seem a bit dark, other than that nice and sharp and pretty good.

Cheers :)

Chances are it's my monitor at home that's a little bright. Looking at them at work they are a little on the dark side (cue darth vader sound fx). Really need to tweak the screen settings tbh.

Maybe the vignettes are too strong? The wolf for instance doenst look far off but surrounding area very dark.
Anyway Im sure you're pleased with your 150-500mm. Is it very heavy? Im getting gear envy.

Oddly enough, the only image with a vignette is the penguin (Saying that, the wolf and rhino were shot through glass, which may have had an impact). I've had a play around with my monitors here (neither of which were anywhere near calibrated) and revisited the images, and after lightening them a wee bit they look a lot crisper. Time will tell.

The sigma is a great lens for the money. It's not tooooo bad to carry (although I am 6'2 and fairly well built, the missus isn't too keen on it tho). Weighs in at just under 2kg. I have found that having the 600d gripped makes things a lot more balanced (the body and grip are really add-ons to the lens tho). I'd recommend a sturdy bag to carry it though.

Back