A few from the BTCC at Donington Park

A lot better than anything that I managed. It looks like Coppice, did you have a press pass or is it through the fence?

trying wo work out where the ash sutton one is?

Redgate into Craners?

Haven't really been to donington in years, but I went with my R5 last year (previous 7d) and found I couldn't get anywhere near as close on full frame, so interested to know if those are crops on your 7D? Suspect they are if all @ 300mm

Critique? Don't really have any lovely pics - A style thing though - If it were me, I'd be trying to get a bit more movement into the wheels and some more context to the pics, other cars, backgrounds etc, while avoiding the marshalls posts etc.

A lot better than anything that I managed. It looks like Coppice, did you have a press pass or is it through the fence?

actually following on from what I just said - I think you are right on the first one, they must be shot from the exit - if you were behind the fences did you have stool to get over the second fence? a bit of a PITA that.

The second and 3rd, I'm pretty sure are Mcleans shot from the exit.

Thanks! They were all taken through the fence, but luckily around McLean's and Coppice you can get right upto the fence.

I took some from the Robert's chicane later on in the day, where you're about 3 or 4 metres away from the cache fence, and it pretty much ruins all of them :(

trying wo work out where the ash sutton one is?

Redgate into Craners?

Haven't really been to donington in years, but I went with my R5 last year (previous 7d) and found I couldn't get anywhere near as close on full frame, so interested to know if those are crops on your 7D? Suspect they are if all @ 300mm

Critique? Don't really have any lovely pics - A style thing though - If it were me, I'd be trying to get a bit more movement into the wheels and some more context to the pics, other cars, backgrounds etc, while avoiding the marshalls posts etc.

The Ash Sutton one is going into Coppice, another area where you can poke the end of your lens right up to the fence. Other two are the exit of McLeans. Yes I was stood on a small stool to get me over the first one. Being 5'8 I needed it haha!

Yeah they're all cropped, but not a particularly huge amount. I'd like to take pictures of the BSB up there, but I fear with the amount of cropping required, they'd lose a lot of quality.

Agreed on the movement of the wheels, but for some reason, I tend to only really like having one car or bike in my photos, it's just a personal preference.

Thanks! They were all taken through the fence, but luckily around McLean's and Coppice you can get right upto the fence.

I took some from the Robert's chicane later on in the day, where you're about 3 or 4 metres away from the cache fence, and it pretty much ruins all of them :(
Nice pics.

Donington frustrates me these days, very hard to get clean shots due to the fencing. At the exit of Roberts Chicane/Goddards I've no idea why they've put the second fencing up several feet from the catch fencing, makes it pretty much impossible to shoot from there now.

These have worked out well and clearly having the wide aperture helps a great deal, at f5.6 (which my lens is) you don't get anything as clean as these shooting at Coppice, good job (y)

Back