Critique A few from the Highlands.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm still working through my photos from last week's workshop On Skye ran in conjunction with @Steelo but here's a few of my favourites so far :)

Reflections in Loch Duich
Canon 6D & Sigma 70-200

Glen Shiel and the 5 sisters of Kintail reflected in Loch Duich.
Canon 6D + 17 - 40L

Sunrise at the Quiraing.
Canon 6D + 17 - 40L

I left the figure in for a sense of scale.

Sunrise on the Quiraing.
Canon 6D + Sigma 70-200

Moody Elgol, bleak but beautiful.
Canon 6D + 17 - 40L

The old man of Storr
Canon 6D + 17 - 40L

Thanks for looking folks :)

Nick

Super set, all of them

I never been to Skye before but am going up that way in a couple of weeks and would be really happy to come back with anything like that

How long was the walk in for Quirang shots? I am planning on a sunrise there too

1 and 2 I really like. I might however have used the longer lens to get the reflections of the five sisters too.

Like 3 but love the depth and contrast of 4

Elgol...not sure.

Old man of Storr, great and different. Love it.

You've had better conditions up there than I've had in the Loire Valley for the last few days.

A really good series that just makes me even more excited tiger back up the the highlands in 3 weeks :) just such a long drag from North Devon :(

They're all very good Nick, and the reflections are just perfect. Not so sure about the figure for scale in #3 though, but that's a personal nitpick and doesn't spoil a fine shot.

"Cracking" set of images Nick, great composition and colour on all of them. Some really nice reflections in #1 & #2, and for me #3 & #4 having the best light.(y)

George.

I know 1 and 2 might have more on offer with the reflections etc but the stand out for me has to be three, I think it invites to viewer in and slowly brings them through the scene.

Excellent set, lovely part of the world :)

Cracking set of images and a great addition to your portfolio

Really nice photos, however I think they are all slightly over processed, definitely over saturated. The reflections are nice but the last 3 are the standouts, really good compositions, particularly the final image.

Back