Critique A few from today

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, here's a few from today. Any feedback or critique gratefully accepted!

1)

2)

3)

I really like these Gary, shame she is not looking up in the last
H

Last edited:
I agree with Helen..............

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah the first with the reflection is probably my favourite of the three, not sure about the colour cast I ended up with on the 2nd one and for some reason I liked the 3rd better before I posted it on here :p I thought head down mighta been kinda more natural or something but you are probably right, might have been better here if she were staring straight down the lens....

1) Awesome
2) Don't like the processing.
3) The framing is very tight and it's a little wonky. It don't get the story in this one either.

Remember, sometime less is more. If you had just posted the first you'd have been a hero. The other two drag you down (for me).

Nice to get some honest constructive feeback Ryan, thanks!

re #3. Who can blame her for looking down, maybe she's watching where she puts her feet. I like the first one too :)

#1 Fantastic - love the reflections and pose
#2 I love the idea but I find there is a bit of unfortunate cropping going on
#3 is very interesting but I think the angles are all wrong - the model is in the centre of the picture but not in the centre of the alley way which means the image is asymmetrical - which doesn't seem right, model should have perhaps looked up (without raising her head)

Like them all Gary although the first is definitely the best. The reflection lifts the shot above the norm and I like the wistful expression in the 2nd. No3 is the weakest of the set but still the grungy setting with a beautiful girl is classic.

Steve

1) Awesome
2) Don't like the processing.
3) The framing is very tight and it's a little wonky. It don't get the story in this one either.

Remember, sometime less is more. If you had just posted the first you'd have been a hero. The other two drag you down (for me).

+1

1 + 2 are really great images! I love the reflection in the first. You would think it might be too distracting, but its not at all and totally works. And 2, the processing really works with what the model is wearing.

3, for me is just not interesting enough

Like them all Gary although the first is definitely the best. The reflection lifts the shot above the norm and I like the wistful expression in the 2nd. No3 is the weakest of the set but still the grungy setting with a beautiful girl is classic.

Steve
:agree: At first glance at the first I wondered if it was a serendipitous candid street shot! :)

Back