A few groin shots!

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Heh heh! Thought that would get your attention. :D I suppose I should have spelt it groyne.

I've just got back from a few days in Norfolk and thought I'd try my hand at some longer exposure shots on the beach. All taken with the D200 and Nikon 18-70mm lens. There is a bit of noise evident, I presume because of the long exposures (NR was on) but I'm quite pleased with the results.

Colin.

I could see the sun which was behind me starting to break through a gap in the clouds and the colours were astounding but unfortunately I only had a couple of minutes before it was gone again. 6 second exposure.

Groyne1.jpg

This was a 10 second exposure:

Groyne2.jpg

This was the following evening and was an 8 second exposure:

Groyne3.jpg

Groovy!

#1 I love

The clouds, composition & colours aren't as good for me in #2

#3 might be nice if it wasn't with these - as it stands, it just doesn't cut the mustard!

#1 I really love though - the exposure & composition are spot on for me - were you using any ND filters?
Looks like good print material to me!

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention I had two ND filters on as well as a graduated ND to bring down the sky exposure.

You KNOW these are fantastic, dont you!!! :D

awesome shots there Hacker (y)

Hmmm! I think my final choice has fallen on No3, I like composition, the feel of tranquility, as well as the even, cool fresh tones throughout.
Not particularly keen on the crop of No2 though.
No1, would have been my fave had it not been for the depth of colour in the golden clouds seeming at odds with the pale tones below them, personally Id have chopped off the top bit of the clouds as it feels a bit too heavy for the tranquility of what lies below, or maybe that was the effect you wanted.
All awesome shots and Im just jealous because I havent taken them! :D

Colin, they're great. Very moody and atmospheric. My fave is #1 - #3 is great as well, but is just a little too cold-looking for me.

Thanks for all the comments, funny how everyones opinions differ as to what is a good or favourite shot! I've finally had a chance to do some more editing and here are another couple for C&C.

This was the first time I'd shot seascapes and what surprised me was how the light could change so radically within short time spans giving a wide variety of shots.

Approaching storm:

_CBG0121-02.jpg

Norfolk027ver2.jpg

Love that lsat one mate!

Plus the 1st looks like its resting above the clouds.. Very interesting.

Well if had you posted only the mono, I guess I would be saying I loved it but omg! the tones in the bottom pic are just perfect!
Such a warm dreamy look, my mind could drift off thinking all sorts looking out into that perfect ocean.
cant believe these are first time pictures either... you must be well chuffed! (y)

Wow, so glad I had time to find these this morning.....really lovely set Colin....absolutely gorgeous all of them....number three and five are my favourites, I think the composition and processing you’ve chosen work best on those, some of the others, although the colours are beautiful, seem over saturated or have too much of a single a colour scheme...or lack contrast in some way, kinda thing..

(y)

Back