A few pictures from AXALP

Nice set and I look forward to seeing the rest.

Did you get any of the live firing displays?

PS just looked harder at the props in #5.…....just wish for a tad more prop blur.

Last edited:
PS just looked harder at the props in #5.…....just wish for a tad more prop blur.
They caught me by surprise so I either took the shot or didn't get it at all, I had the same thought though but prefer to have that than nothing. :)

I got some of the F18s firing the flares, and got some video footage of the guns hitting the orange targets in the mountains, only got back early hours of Saturday so there's lots to go through. :)

Great shots Paul :D

Were the pilots flying the planes in shots 8 and 9 or where they taken on the ground?

Great shots Paul :D

Were the pilots flying the planes in shots 8 and 9 or where they taken on the ground?
They were take on the ground, on Thursday we drove to Payerne military base where some of the F18s were taking off, you can get right up to the runway and they even have cutouts in the fences, set at different heights, so you can fit your lens through, they taxi'd right past us, this was just after we'd sat on the next table to them in their restaurant to eat lunch and they gave us a wave

They were take on the ground, on Thursday we drove to Payerne military base where some of the F18s were taking off, you can get right up to the runway and they even have cutouts in the fences, set at different heights, so you can fit your lens through, they taxi'd right past us, this was just after we'd sat on the next table to them in their restaurant to eat lunch and they gave us a wave

Great stuff. I had to ask :D

The company I work for is located right next door to the airbase at Payerne and we make the snow clearance machines they use on the runway and taxiways. Whenever we have customer days at the factory they put on a display for us ... brilliant (and VERY noisy)!

Back