A few shots

Edit My Images
Yes
i wanted to share some photos and get some critiques on them :)

9-22-060382-1.jpg

homecomingand10-2-060462.jpg

homecomingand10-2-060582.jpg

random0232.jpg

9-20-060072.jpg

9-22-060452-1.jpg

homecomingand10-2-06132.jpg

thanks!!!

#1 too dark and cropped to close to mouth at bottom otherwise good shot.
#2 not much interest there
#3 that's better. Is that clump of grass sharp? I would have tried a slightly longer exposure to make the race soften slightly (in fact I may even have tried a blend of a couple of exposures)
#4 Lovely abstract. Not quite sharp in foreground but well seen and executed.
#5 Cropped too tight at top and needs more fill light inside the rose. Nice otherwise.
#6 too dark like #1. Pretty girl, great smile, roughened hair I actually like. Just the exposure that lets it down really. Can you rescue this in PS?
#7 Maybe this would look better bigger. The central position of the bird is a weakness but if you crop the left hand side the bird would then be flying out of the picture which would be worse. Not sure if it would benefit from a right hand crop.

Sorry if it all sounds negative but without lengthy text it is best to point out any deficiencies as I see them. Hopefully that is what you wanted. They are all capable shots but these improvements could make them great shots.

Cheers

Gary.

#1 too dark and cropped to close to mouth at bottom otherwise good shot.
#2 not much interest there
#3 that's better. Is that clump of grass sharp? I would have tried a slightly longer exposure to make the race soften slightly (in fact I may even have tried a blend of a couple of exposures)
#4 Lovely abstract. Not quite sharp in foreground but well seen and executed.
#5 Cropped too tight at top and needs more fill light inside the rose. Nice otherwise.
#6 too dark like #1. Pretty girl, great smile, roughened hair I actually like. Just the exposure that lets it down really. Can you rescue this in PS?
#7 Maybe this would look better bigger. The central position of the bird is a weakness but if you crop the left hand side the bird would then be flying out of the picture which would be worse. Not sure if it would benefit from a right hand crop.

Sorry if it all sounds negative but without lengthy text it is best to point out any deficiencies as I see them. Hopefully that is what you wanted. They are all capable shots but these improvements could make them great shots.

Cheers

Gary.

what he said. Sometimes a straight answer pointing out what can be improved is a whole lot more beneficial then lots of 'very nice' replies

OK I'm just going to comment on the portraits as that's My Bag, Baby...
Too dark - underexposed or underdeveloped - they need brightening up at least 2 stops - even if you're going for a low-key effect. Good use of cropping and good capture of expressions though - it's just the mechanics you need to get right. You definitely have the eye for it though, and that's 90% of the battle.

Back