A Flying Shag!!....

RedRobin

Dances With Dogs
Name
Robin
Edit My Images
Yes
Actually, no, it's a flying Cormorant but the title might have grabbed your attention.

^ Canon 7D Mark II, 400mm F/5.6L on monopod, ISO 800, 0.33 ev, Av-mode, F/9, 1/2500 sec, more info on Flickr.

Below is the AF pts area selected and which focussed on target. The 7D2 was set to AF Case 3.

Cormorant_AFpts.png

Comments always welcome - Thanks for looking.

:)

Last edited:
Hi Robin

what do you do to see the focus points on your shot and to be able to print such an image.

I only ever see the focus points on the cameras LCD screen, never on my computer screen

Hi Robin

what do you do to see the focus points on your shot and to be able to print such an image.

I only ever see the focus points on the cameras LCD screen, never on my computer screen

....Hi Bill :)

I upload and edit all my RAW images into Apple Aperture. The Info tab displays metadata within the RAW file (I don't shoot JPEG so don't know if it's the same). On the top righthand corner of Aperture's Info tab there's an icon button which shows/hides the focus points - Apple has now updated its software compatibility for the Canon 7D Mark II. Then, while displayed, I grab a selective screenshot and that's what I have posted. Externally edited image versions no longer offer the focus points display option.

I find it very helpful indeed to learn from how I shot an image.

Doesn't Lightroom show the focus points too?

Last edited:
....Hi Bill :)

I upload and edit all my RAW images into Apple Aperture. The Info tab displays metadata within the RAW file (I don't shoot JPEG so don't know if it's the same). On the top righthand corner of Aperture's Info tab there's an icon button which shows/hides the focus points - Apple has now updated its software compatibility for the Canon 7D Mark II. Then, while displayed, I grab a selective screenshot and that's what I have posted. Externally edited image versions no longer offer the focus points display option.

Doesn't Lightroom show the focus points too?

Thanks Robin

I'll have a look in LR ..... but I've never seen them

Thanks Robin

I'll have a look in LR ..... but I've never seen them

....If Adobe have done their job properly the focus area points info should be accessible - It is present in the camera's RAW file when uploaded to a computer.

I can see the focus points on my computer screen using the Canon DPP software that came with my camera (EOS 500D). Open the RAW image from the DPP browser and then click View > AF Points (Alt + L). I then can do a screen capture.

....If Adobe have done their job properly the focus area points info should be accessible - It is present in the camera's RAW file when uploaded to a computer.

Looks like there is a "plug-in" certainly for LR5 anyway

Back