A Fresh Layer

Edit My Images
No
A couple of inches of pristine snow on the ground here this morning in County Tyrone. Some other Counties got more than that, especially on the high ground. It makes the countryside look beautiful and transforms even the most normal scenery.
These two were taken this morning at White Lough. I went for a more muted feel for the first one and a more vibrant look for the second.

Winter Lake by phodru, on Flickr

Untitled by phodru, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Seen this location before IIRC, lovely 1, great framing, however the horizon looks level but the jetty leaning, it could be distortiion or that you aren't truly perpenducilar to the jetty/horizon,

Two is a bit bleak, the lights quite stark and the sky a little featureless. Whilst you've wanted to resist a central horizon, it may have worked better here. If the sky had more texture in cloud cover, your comp could work with softer lighting

Seen this location before IIRC, lovely 1, great framing, however the horizon looks level but the jetty leaning, it could be distortiion or that you aren't truly perpenducilar to the jetty/horizon,

Two is a bit bleak, the lights quite stark and the sky a little featureless. Whilst you've wanted to resist a central horizon, it may have worked better here. If the sky had more texture in cloud cover, your comp could work with softer lighting
Well spotted - same place, different composition. I used the in camera horizon feature and it looked pretty much straight although I was having trouble getting the tripod positioned due to boggy ground.
The fresh snow on the hills and jetty is what got me to take the second photo and I know it'a bit bog standard.
Thanks for commenting.

Reactions: ST4
No 1 for me too, love the framing of the trees, really make it

Les

(y)No1 is excellent

#1 sits very nicely with me too, lovely subtle light hitting that foreground from the branches right down to the jetty, and nicely framed may I add, thank you for sharing.
Kevin

Back