A lighting challenge

I think I would use a lot more BG separation/falloff so as to create much more dramatic lighting... the first thing that strikes me is a darker BG/environment so the lighting "pulls it out". Might want to open the front cover a bit to make the text a little more flat/readable.

Probably best to sort composition first. Find a better place to shoot it. I think it's too cramped on the shallow shelf with the picture frame only just above too. I'd be tempted to lay the book down, see a profile with some pages too. It'll be a compromise between viewing the text and the image on the front. Get the composition right first then think about how to light the set up in my humble opinion. :)

Probably best to sort composition first. Find a better place to shoot it. I think it's too cramped on the shallow shelf with the picture frame only just above too. I'd be tempted to lay the book down, see a profile with some pages too. It'll be a compromise between viewing the text and the image on the front. Get the composition right first then think about how to light the set up in my humble opinion. :)

That was only posted as a reference image of the subject and not as a lighting example

Back