A little bit of glam

Name
Jess
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey chaps! :)

My friend did some posing for me tonight, I was shooting on slide film for my uni project but did a few other shots on digital for her - what do you think of them? It's my first time having a go at portraits for anyone other than family members!!

I only really like working with ambient/available light, not a flash/studio fan for the most part, and these haven't been edited except for resizing which is a first for me, I usually edit them to death before putting anything on here, lol!

DSC01545.jpg
DSC01569.jpg

DSC01570.jpg
DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg
DSC01574copy.jpg

xxx

Well done.Your friend looks nice and confident. Obviously, you shot on daylight film - hence the orange cast.

Well done.Your friend looks nice and confident. Obviously, you shot on daylight film - hence the orange cast.

Nope these were shot digitally, I am not so good at getting the white balance right but after a lot of fiddling this seemed to be the best, they are quite orange though yeah!

Ah.. just set the colour temperature (wb) to 6500K Selkie, should get you in the ball park. It depends really, some people like the tungsten look for street shots.

Some good shots there. They are a bit warm for me however the poses themself are first class, and the model/location are very strong.

Cheers, yeah I am quite fond of the tungsten look but would also love to get the colours as neutral as possible for future shoots. I will have to work on my colour temperature skills a bit more. But for these, I think it works, mainly because they look as they did to the eye in terms of colour, everywhere in Bath looks a bit orange at night!! Thank you for the comments :)

Back