A long way from home

Name
Aidan
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_2682-Edit-XL.jpg

Took me a minute or two to get the reference in the title.
TBH I was too busy admiring the photo to really think about it, but once that clicked it added another level of meaning for me (y)

Very nicely thought out and the B&W works very well with that moody sky and contrasty shadows.
The DoF is well judged to separate the subject from the background, although I do find myself wondering whether it would have been improved by a composition and angle where the dark shoreline/ hills didn't cut across the rock structure (i.e. visually, the horizon was sat above the structure) . . . not completely convinced on that one though :thinking:

My only real suggestion for improvement would be a bit of a tidy up with the clone tool.
There's a strange black blob right on the shoreline on the left hand third that seems to have a bit of a halo around it. Not sure what it is, but once you spot it it gets a bit distracting so I'd zap that out completely if it was my image.
I'd also lose the white thing (is it a boat?) on the horizon line towards the far right.

Last edited:
Sarah,

Many thanks for your words and I take them all on board. I wasn't sure about the title until my daughter mentioned the second stone up had two eyes and a big frown. Then when it had a personallity, it did seem like a long way from the rocks behind. Perhaps a little oblique :)

Aidan

Back