A portrait from China.

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

Contuning from this thread

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=131240

I have found the advice given here to be fantastic and is helping my improve my photography skills.

So here is a photo I took in the market today.

I know its not brilliant, my main aim for today was to get sharper images

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/stu_the_flat/DSC_0112.jpg

It was taken handheld on a D60 with a sigma 70-300 APO close to the 70mm range shutter priorty set to 1/400 and ISO of 100

I am hoping by you telling me what is worng with this image I can correct it and come back with a better image in a couple days. Then you can tell me whats wrong with that one... Etc, etc.

Many thanks

Stuart

She is a bit too close to the food, I think. It dominates the picture, insead of her doing so. Not sure how you would have acheived anything better though, due to her being tiny, other than perhaps waiting until she moved away slightly?

Candids are actually much harder than anyone ever thinks, and this is not bad at all, so keep it up.

Cheers. My rule is that you have to be quick photographing children. parents will eithier love or hate there children bring photographed.

I enjoy moving through the market. BUt they are unused to white people here. I've found two tactics, One is to mount my 18-105 and put the Lens hood on so my camera looks like a peacock displaying it feathers. the people who want there photo taken make them selfs apparent, I took this one by doing that.

DSC_0929.jpg

This photo was taken before you guys told me how to use my camera! but I still like it.

But today I couldn't be bothered so I stuck the telephoto on and just tried to pick people out of the crowd.

Stuart

I am hoping by you telling me what is worng with this image I can correct it and come back with a better image in a couple days. Then you can tell me whats wrong with that one... Etc, etc.

Many thanks

Stuart

I think that you could improve it by cropping out the oof bit of concrete or masonry or whatever it is in the bottom left - it's too distracting.

Also - it helps if you insert your photos into the thread and not a link. ;)

Ah well you see I'm sitting on a balcony in a village (because thats were I get WiFI) with a laptop with next to no software. SO cropping is difficult, for that resaon I can't post landscape photos directly because its bigger than the 800 pixels allowed, that why I try and post portrait shot when ever possable.

Stuart

Back