A rare self portrait

KayJay

Give us a Tena
Edit My Images
Yes

I was frustrated at my lack of activity photographically so I decided to make a DIY snoot for my flash gun using a toilet roll and old black sock and came up with this portrait.

Took me a few attempts to get the light direction correct and get the depth of field I wanted. Feedback would be great.

Bizarrely when I desaturated the shot my eyes went blue, any ideas on why that is?

KJ

Like this shot, however it make sit look like dandruff or scurf in your beard as the light catches the tips. Unlike mine where its not the light its the grey:D

I know you like your 1x1 crops, but I dont think it works on this image.

Thats not to say its not a good image mind, cos it is :D Just the crop seems wrong to me :)

Ah see, I'm going to disagree with you here Dee :p I like the crop, think it works quite well. I would have liked to see less of the white and a bit more of the pupils though KayJay

Don't know why it goes blue though

I really like this image but I would crop in the sides so you have a portrait crop which will work with the shape of the face. I would also put a single white line boarder around the crop to finish it.

N

Thanks for the feedback. Will have another play with the crop

Back