A Regal poser

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't know what this chap is but he was very helpful happily posing for me, I love this shot but don't really know why so will leave it to you lot to tell me what is good and bad about it.

Clickable to view bigger and better.

Shot on the cheap 50mm MD lens reversed 32mm of Kenko tube F11 1/160 with fill flash . Ian

It's a snipe fly, they always sit like that, good detail shame you could get a little more backend in. ;)

My seven year old daughter caught me clicking on your image -

"That's freaky, man!", she said. And I agree, freaky, but very good! :) I'd have like to have seen more "tail", but it's nice and sharp.

My seven year old daughter caught me clicking on your image -

"That's freaky, man!", she said. And I agree, freaky, but very good! :) I'd have like to have seen more "tail", but it's nice and sharp.

As sharp as they come and just how I like em ;)

Thanks for the comments folks, I would have liked to get all of it in the shot but 1 of the biggest draw backs with my cheapo set it is lack of flexibility and I didn't want to go in remove the tubes come back and find he had gone. For those that want to see the tail here he is perched on my left arm a poor shot due to lack of control being 1 handed but better than nothing.

3607004905_6a201fd60e.jpg

In hind sight should have taken 2 shots from the other angle and stitched them :crying:

Back