Not open for further replies.

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
2023 wasn’t really a good start for us here at TP Towers.

As many of you know, our biggest sponsor MPB decided to withdraw their patronage, back in March,
swapping all their advertising over to affiliate links.
We don’t mind admitting this was quite a blow to our running costs.
Thankfully Ben @Tradecanvasprint remained with us, and we have the occasional advertisers also helping out with the running costs.

So if you are thinking of buying, please checkout all the affiliate partners HERE,
as we do get a small percentage if the sales are linked from here.

Thanks to all those members that have bought us a cuppa through the year, LINK
and also those that have donated through Paypal, LINK
Each and every one is very much appreciated, so thanks again.

The next trial was the fact that a long standing forum announced that they would be closing,
we had dozens of new sign-ups in a very short space of time.
However it became obvious very quickly that a lot were only here to cause mischief one way or another.

They decided that they didn’t like the way “we” ran things, and wanted to change TP, making it their own,
and when challenged were throwing insults at “us” on TP and via their current home.

Of course this was all water off a ducks back, but as they were mostly from other time zones,
I had quite a few very late nights ( & very early mornings) watching and editing what they were up to here.

We gave them every chance to settle in, and join in. Eventually these trouble makers were all banned, we call it suicide by mod.
Thankfully there were also a few that wanted to join and fit in with the ongoing ethos of TP.
These people were of course very welcome, and a few became good members, joining in and posting images.

Following the above two negative points, I’m pleased to say that TP is still growing and thriving.
We have had many successful new challenges this year, the DPOTY 23 and the New Old Digital challenge,
which people have really engaged with.
Gav is starting a monthly Nifty Fifty in 2024.
Of course not forgetting the on going challenges such as the TP 52ers.
(Look for the posted header notices as new challenges start in 2024)

I’d like to thank all the members that make it so successful, not only those that donate,
but also the members, that start discussions, join in the discussions and of course posting images,
and those that comment on said images.
As I’ve said many times, TP is nothing without you, the loyal members.

On that note, I would personally like to thank the staff, @Tori_T @Dale. and Mark (@TheBigYin ) for helping to keep TP on an even keel,
either working behind the scenes, or out front of house.
And of course Lindsay, ( @lindsay )for keeping the tax man happy,
last but not least, T’other Chris ( @sirch )for keeping the server hamster well oiled , and swiftly dealing with any day to day issues that may arise.

That just leaves me and the rest of the site staff, to wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year for 2024.

New-Year-Tree-and-Snow-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back