A set from Chester Zoo on Saturday - got a Rhino birth caught on camera ;)

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Very busy on Saturday, got there for first thing, most animals weren't about, some looked terribly depressed (the monkeys in particular). No hippos that i could see, just one lion and lioness that I could see who kept themselves very close to the fence so you couldn't see them.

I nearly laughed myself silly at the Aquarium. I've seen more interesting fish at Pets@home tbh, and the fish tank glass is a lot cleaner at Pets@home too.

Think I've been spoilt at Busch Gardens because this place was definitely a poor mans version. Considering how much money they must be raking in, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe middle of the school holidays and a Saturday just didn't help but you could almost see the expressions on the animal's faces of "please let me out of here".

1.. You are having a giraffe aren't you.
14761522269_ce524ed54f_b.jpg

2.. oooh look - its giving birth :banana:
14932858016_f2b845e47c_b.jpg

3.. Zingzillas'.... ;)
14761667047_e511041a51_b.jpg

14769309027_34b5fffb76_b.jpg

5.. Bet he's popular with the ladies...
14769308957_6147ed8e18_b.jpg

6.. Think its a junior elephant, there was a baby one around but couldn't get a good shot, think it was quite shy
14952829651_c582113bd5_b.jpg

14932910776_0fbc2351b4_b.jpg

14952808911_1f68327382_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in.

You got me there!:D
It is a nightmare there when it's busy
I haven't been in the aquarium for years sounds like it hasn't improved
Like the elephant and black and white Lion:)
They don't have hippos there though

You got me there!:D
It is a nightmare there when it's busy
I haven't been in the aquarium for years sounds like it hasn't improved
Like the elephant and black and white Lion:)
They don't have hippos there though
ah thats why i didnt see them then :) I have got some of owls, I need to process, they were quite good so will have a butchers at those later. Didn't see the leopard or meerkats but tbh, my back was in half 5 hours later, along with the rest of the family, we were pretty pooped.

... some looked terribly depressed (the monkeys in particular) ...
you could almost see the expressions on the animal's faces of "please let me out of here".

I really must go on one of these animal behaviour courses; i've heard similar comments more times in the last 3 or 4 weeks than the last 2 years :confused:

Very crisp sharp set, with plenty of zoo paraphernalia in shot. The B&W do nothing for me, but I rarely agree with the majority of suggestions on how to do them, so I just assume I know nothing about getting the best out of that method :D
Despite the fence on the last one, that's actually my favourite.

Love as you already know the cold Monkey... #4 can imagine it saying its "bloody freezing"

Rhino giving birth is an excellent and well timed shot.... As David said PP is great on all of them.

I really must go on one of these animal behaviour courses; i've heard similar comments more times in the last 3 or 4 weeks than the last 2 years :confused:

Very crisp sharp set, with plenty of zoo paraphernalia in shot. The B&W do nothing for me, but I rarely agree with the majority of suggestions on how to do them, so I just assume I know nothing about getting the best out of that method :D
Despite the fence on the last one, that's actually my favourite.
Cheers and it is marmite with the B&W, was cold that day too and the TC1.4 made my 70-200 lens look very soft in comparison without it, but I did like the extra reach I had from it :)

Love as you already know the cold Monkey... #4 can imagine it saying its "bloody freezing"

Rhino giving birth is an excellent and well timed shot.... As David said PP is great on all of them.

Cheers bryn, someone posted on my facebook page they were expecting Jim Carey to pop out, I nearly wet myself laughing when I remembered the movie hahahah

Great set of photos there Carl, I have only been to Chester Zoo the once a couple months ago & it was packed solid then, so cannot imagine what it is like during the Summer Holidays on a Saturday. I hope to be visiting there in a couple weeks when I am in the area again.

Back