A Single Minimalist style shot.

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
Garage.jpg

Thoughts anyone? I don't normally do this kind of thing, it was more of a "spur of the moment" picture.

I can't work out what it is.... and that's a problem to me. I believe abstracts need to tell the viewer what it is to work. That can be within the image or by using a suitable title. Or they need to be totally abstract without any specific detail.

On my screen there seems to be quite a lot of noise in the sky too.

On the up side, nice colour and texture contrasts.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but it's a 'no' from me.

That's cool, I see what you mean - was the 1st attempt at this sort of thing, so more than enough room to improve!

It's just a roof of a garage, looking straight up, close to the wall and cropping out the brickwork.

Hrímfaxi;4792372 said:
That's cool, I see what you mean - was the 1st attempt at this sort of thing, so more than enough room to improve!

It's just a roof of a garage, looking straight up, close to the wall and cropping out the brickwork.

I'm assuming the white areas are the cropped out bricks? Might be worth running a 'blur' brush along the edges to soften them a little. It looks rather harsh. While I'm not keen on the image, there are things you can do to it to practice.

Where the brick just nasty? I'd be interested to see the original.

I'm assuming the white areas are the cropped out bricks? Might be worth running a 'blur' brush along the edges to soften them a little. It looks rather harsh. While I'm not keen on the image, there are things you can do to it to practice.

Where the brick just nasty? I'd be interested to see the original.

I cropped them out and replaced the original, without saving a seperate file - rookie mistake hah.

And nope, the bricks are immediatly below - the white parts is a wooden surround/board underneath the roof.

Yeah, i'll have a play around, it's all practice.

I actually quite like it.

I'd prefer to see a panoramic crop (taking some of the blue from the top so that stripe is the same width as the other strips of colour) and a clean up of the white areas as already mentioned, but as a concept I think it works very well.

Thank you both for the comments!

The panoramic idea is pretty good, and agreed about the white being cleaned up going to have a mess about with it and see what happens.

Back